BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Fortifications slot

I not sure where to put this question but i was just wondering since there are no official 6th ed codexes out what do you think the chances are of seeing army specific fortifications coming out with 6th ed codexes ?

Just seems to make sense to me, of course i have no actually idea if GW will do this or not, the only other avenue for players i see is getting one in a WD.

Hopefully GWs thinking runs like this:

1) Introduce fortificatiosn to BRB to sell our current scenery.
    2) Introduce race specific fortifications with the codices, with kits
    3) People will buy those kits
    4) Profit!
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

yea i would hope for the same thing since i dont see how it would be to any one's detriment and to every ones benefit esp those who can do some crazy conversions.

Battle-Brother

Tyranids come to mind. I don't have the 6th Edition rulebook. I would find it tough to believe that Tyranids would want to build a bastion nearby...

If they don't make a kit, hopefully there's rules now that will tell you the maximum size, otherwise somebody's terrain just me be "table size"...

Some giant sac thing as a counts as bastion would be fine, I'm drawing up plans for Eldar terrain matching each of the BRB pieces in size and effect. Webway portal platform for skyshield, little wraithbone shield generator wall things for aegis lines, a big bastion thing bases on the buildings in DoW2 and so forth.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by Tannarak View Post
    Tyranids come to mind. I don't have the 6th Edition rulebook. I would find it tough to believe that Tyranids would want to build a bastion nearby...

If they don't make a kit, hopefully there's rules now that will tell you the maximum size, otherwise somebody's terrain just me be "table size"...
    That's something I've been wondering... fortifications that are being scratchbuilt... what are the rules on that how big can it be? Is there a rule for entrypoints? A rule for where the guns are?

But besides that I'm not to thrilled since quite a lot of tables I play(ed) at were already scenery full (as in roads/craters/buildings... just under what's acceptable for city fighting), now people will bring scenery of their own in the mix... I don't even know if there's room on the tables for that. And to be honest, playing on a blank table never really was a big interest of mine either way.

Besides; the entire logistics issue comes to mind. I can imagine GW stores don't want to borrow their scenery/fortifications out and expect people to bring their own. That in general isn't weird... but since I travel by public transport hauling around a big box or a 2nd/3rd minicase just for the sake of the need of the fortress of redemption is quite silly. So if I use fortifications I'll likely use them at home, which is a place I'll play more now I guess, and in the end doesn't profit from impulse sales I might have had in that way. But meh... minor rant I guess. Move along people... nothing to see here.

I'm going with similar footprint, similar height, similar profile so its physical effect in terms of position, LOS etc are much the same. But no official word on such things.

A few quick questions on the fortress if I may as my book is in the post still and I can't find them elsewhere:

• Are its base weapons included (lascannon, missile silo, 2 H Bolters) in its 220pt pricetag?
    • How much is the comm relay upgrade?
    • Can the lascannon and missile silo be manned like the separate interceptor guns to fire at higher BS?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoschrist View Post
    That's something I've been wondering... fortifications that are being scratchbuilt... what are the rules on that how big can it be? Is there a rule for entrypoints? A rule for where the guns are?

But besides that I'm not to thrilled since quite a lot of tables I play(ed) at were already scenery full (as in roads/craters/buildings... just under what's acceptable for city fighting), now people will bring scenery of their own in the mix... I don't even know if there's room on the tables for that. And to be honest, playing on a blank table never really was a big interest of mine either way.

Besides; the entire logistics issue comes to mind. I can imagine GW stores don't want to borrow their scenery/fortifications out and expect people to bring their own. That in general isn't weird... but since I travel by public transport hauling around a big box or a 2nd/3rd minicase just for the sake of the need of the fortress of redemption is quite silly. So if I use fortifications I'll likely use them at home, which is a place I'll play more now I guess, and in the end doesn't profit from impulse sales I might have had in that way. But meh... minor rant I guess. Move along people... nothing to see here.
    No room on tables!?!?!? Since when? Most tables have NO terrain.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    No room on tables!?!?!? Since when? Most tables have NO terrain.
    Most tables I play at, in stores, have pretty scenic tables. A store I used to frequent only had a single wargaming table full of trenches.

Yes, one can argue if they should have offered a more "simple" table instead of one that has trenches, debris and all glued and painted "in" it, but that in general isn't the case for a fair share of tables I used in stores.

GW stores itself... they clearly use the realm of whatever it's called set they sell themselves, but that's not really the nearest store for me.

Also; I'm not to fond of "empty" tables myself, I personally prefer full tables myself so there's enough cover, difficult terrain and stuff like that, on top of the fact that I rather have buildings, basing and other random things blend well together, instead of having a desert world and someone bringing a pink fortress of redemption.

Also; I can just imagine playing apocalypse and everyone bringing a few fortress of redemption, now that they are an actual choice one can buy to enhance their armylist. I'll bring 10... teehee, no room for your tanks. Yes.. .clearly I deserve a douchebag award for such behaviour, but not everyone awards those and I can see at least someone bringing an all fortification list for an apoc battle.

Might be just me that hates Tzeentch... err... change a bit. Maybe I should give it some time to see how this is going to work out, see how many people actually bring fortifications and how 6th ed actually works out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast