BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Melon-neko View Post
    Khan is an ic so makes lookout sir, argh checks on a 2+, he is safer than he seems as long as his unit is left.

I was hoping the wave serpent would gain assault vehicle, that hurts elder a lot in the assault phase
    Except the ones he has killed by 'betraying' them...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Librarian

Yes Ork boyz mobz are stuck at I 2 and Nobz are stuck at I 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Pickelz View Post
    Yes Ork boyz mobz are stuck at I 2 and Nobz are stuck at I 3.
    Well, let's not fool ourselves... Nobz in general strike on I 1 anyway

But the fact that I might even lose Boyz in an assault against IG or Tau even... both armies which clearly are not that assaulty, alongside the fact that they went from 3 to 2 just for the sake of nerfing other armies who have FC... I'm hoping they'll release FAQ 1.1 soon stating Boyz are I 3 (or get an additional rule saying the are I 3 on the charge; or even add it as a bonus the turn you waagh.).

We'll see.

My Necrons are very excited, Catacomb Command Barges are absolutely bent.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Possibly my World Eaters are taking a sabbatical until new codex.

1, furious Charge ONLY = S+1. No I+1. Totally changes the value of berzerkers.
    Wanna bet you get Rage and the extra bonus attack? And some new rules for Khornate Chainaxes?

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    2. Gorechild is now a power axe - hitting at I1. Kharne will now hit simultaneously with powerfists, chainfists, hammers etc and will last 1 turn against those he used to marmalise. Dreadnoughts that he used to use Flying fist of Judah on, will now mash him before he gets a chance.
    Read the Unique Power Weapon rules. Pretty sure that applies to gorechild.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Its been FAQ'd Darklink

Wow, that kinda sucks.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoschrist View Post
    Pretty much all Orks don't benefit from that +1I now, striking at 2... after guardsmen and Tau even, and at the same time as Necrons.

Yes, if they sticked a turn they would've either way, but that's not neccesarily what I guess Ork assaults are about.

Yes, I also know that the Ork that matters most in a squad of boys (the nob) will usually strike last anyway. But against any non marine armies I felt the I boost from FC was well worth it and needed.

But perhaps I'm overlooking something...went over the Ork faq earlier, didn't see anything that "fixed" it... so Orks now stuck with I2?
    You apparently never played during the green-codex days when Orks charged at 2x initiative value, boyz swung simultaneously to marines, and Nobs and Warbosses actually had to consider turning off their PK to swing with their Choppa at initiative values of unholy levels of awesome.

When the new codex hit, the Orks took a big hit in the initiative department due to only having a +1 without any (much needed) boost to bring them up to Initiative 3 base. It meant as a whole, they became an 'almost always strikes last' army, and had all the zeal and love for a good combat charge as a sleeping kitten. Personally, the removal of +1 initiative to Furious Charge means nothing. We still swing last against every army except the ones we don't need help against. And Orks are still an attrition army as far as combat is concerned, though the removal of No Retreat does wonders for them now. If that +1 initiative actually meant anything against the likes of the 3 worst combat armies in the game... then my only question is why aren't you running shootas?

Brother-Sergeant

Going along with the Chaos Marines...... Our Daemon Princes are not Flying Monstrous Creatures when given wings, whereas the Daemon Princes in the Daemon Codex are( as are all the winged MC), and the winged ones in Tyranids all are....

Our Winged Monstrous Creature evidently is malnourished or something being the ONLY winged monstrous creature to not fly. We get him to be "Jump Monstrous Creature"...

Also, when you look at the other Psyker stuff, most Psykers with a set number of powers get to generate the same as what they have, which is the same for most of our Psykers... Except Ahriman. He knows 5 powers, which he can trade for 3 from the book. For comparison, Eldrad can get 4, as can 1 or 2 others.

And last, considering the big push with Allies for this edition, and Chaos Marines and Daemons being Battle Brothers and all, I was really hoping that they'd make it so Chaos Daemons could use CSM Icons.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12