BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: How many projects at once?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • I only work on one piece at a time.

2 3.85%
  • I might work on a few projects at a time, but always complete them before moving on.

12 23.08%
  • I work on LOTS of projects, but it never gets out of hand.

20 38.46%
  • I have so many projects on the books I can't even count. It's WAY out of hand!

18 34.62%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default How many projects at any given time?

So do you do one project at a time or several?

Right now I'm assembling an ork trukk and battle wagon to complete my 2000 Ork army for a battle on the 10th. I'm gluing together a space wolves runepriest. And I have a converted chapter master all base coated and ready to paint. At least that's is whats on the books to complete right now. This does not include the many armies that are on the back burner for now (Eldar & CSM to name a couple) I usually bounce back and forth between projects. Do I feel like painting? Assembling? Working out some new type of color scheme background fluff, drawing banners.....etc. I've been pretty focused on 40k of late, but every once in a while I'll work on fantasy to mix it up.

Some pics of my projects here:
    [url]http://transmutationinc.blogspot.com/[/url]
    Last edited by jcroxford; 09-25-2009 at 09:28 PM.

Chapter-Master

multiple ones, I cant stick to one myself as I usually get bored and lose inspiration. Currently it space marines (quantum chevrons), Ulumeathic League (minor-xenos) and Cult of the dragon Admech.

Most of the time just one main project at a time. As I finish the end of it I will begin assembling or priming the second project. I also have a casual project or two that I work on when I need a break.

Veteran-Sergeant

A number of projects at once. Right now, I have a Deathwing army on the go, plus a platoon of Guard to supplement my Sisters, and my personal favorite, I am making a model of Inquisitor Eisenhorn. The Inquisitor is the most ambitious project I have done so far, and it involves a silly amount of green stuff (I was too impatient to wait for some other, easier to work with, pieces to come into my possession...).
    Check me out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InquisitorialMandate or search for MWG Leland!

I used to let things get way out of hand. But now I'm determined to finish my guard army before moving on.
    It takes alot of will power though.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Veteran-Sergeant

Exclamation

Well, I'm sticking to one project, but keep flitting about to different parts, or adding more..
    From December to February I was converting/scratch-building an Inquisitor-scale Iron Father with full servoharness.
    From then on til the start of july I had major work going on, so little to no time.

During this period, I decided to get back into 40k in a major way to build an Iron Hands army.
    Started off trading a whole bunch of bitz to make up 20 tactical marines.
    Then, a box of terminators.
    Then, a box of assault terminators to convert..
    Then, a devastator box and a commander..
    Next, the Masters of the Chapter box, for characters.
    Then, buy a dremel, and grind the icons off of Sicarius, Pedro Kantor, Vulkan He'stan, Huron Blackheart..
    Now, a land raider, plus sprues for the crusader/redeemer, and the terminus ultra..
    Also, the Iron Warriors Warsmith and squad conversion kit..

This in the space of three months, and all I've done is chop and change, blue-tac stuff together, greenstuff-cast some more AdMech icons..

Now my current problem is that I can't continue magnetising my land raider sponsons, because the crusader/redeemer sprue only comes with one set of couplings, so you either take the bolters or flame cannon..
    Damn..

Overkill?
    ARMIES: IRON HANDS, NIGHT LORDS, OGRE KINGDOMS

Chaplain

ALOT!

I got a Reaaver, 2 stompas, a Banblade to paint, Shadowsword, several special charecters, 60 ork boyz, some BA assault sq's thunderfire cannon, Space hulk minis, 3 lemon russes, at least thats what i can think of off the top of my head. I tend to do smaller models while waiting for the bigger ones to dry, and work on the big ones while waiting for green stuff to dry on the smaller models/or paint. All around i got a good system.

Quote Originally Posted by sangrail777 View Post
    All around i got a good system.
    I wish I could say that, my system sucks. I have so many projects going on I tend to lose track of where I put the parts. It's still alot of fun, so I cant complain.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by ssylyss View Post
    I wish I could say that, my system sucks. I have so many projects going on I tend to lose track of where I put the parts. It's still alot of fun, so I cant complain.
    Haha, too funny. I wouldn't quite say my system sucks. I just do what I like for he most part, but I DO have a lot of unfinished work lying around. I guess it goes hand in hand with being obsessed with wanting nearly every army that gets put out. But, I'm not complaining either.

I really have no system. I do have different projects in different armies though. I have to finish a bunch of salamanders in time for a tournament so I have that to look forward to. I also want to make 2000pts of blood ravens so I have two librarians from that and a bunch of extra marines.

Sporadic Tau projects lay about as well. I've changed the color on them once when the army was coming together. My Salamanders will probably be the closest to getting completely finished. I've got lots of inspiration and have even started painting some sternguard for them.

Obviously from my name I have necrons. They are pretty much done and I have future plans for them. let's just say they are a project for the future as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast