BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Hippie View Post
    BRB pg 36 Deep strike if you read the entire entry you'll see

This indicates the Deep strike is indeed movement and the following paragraph states

So basically a resounding NO you can't Gate and then Spawn Gaunts.
    The issue is that the problem is with the timing that people have been having since 6th came out. Which comes first, Reserves or Blessing/Maledictions? Same thing here.

The Tervagon has not *actually* moved, because the movement phase hasn't happened yet, it just can't after it deep strikes. And the quote you have for shooting phase? Well, that's shooting phase rules, and while it says it has moved, well, it has... but not in the normal movement that can definitively disallow spawning.

However, I believe there is a rule in the beginning of the rulebook (don't have it on me right now to give page number) that says that if multiple things are happening at the same time, the person whose turn it is gets to choose the order. That would imply that the Tervigon player could use the blessing to deep strike before movement, then spawn before movement.

However, without a definitive FAQ about this, I would say if you really hate giving the tyranids any sort of reprieve for having a subpar codex, roll off for it. :P

Although the GoI occurs prior to the movement phase technically commencing, because a unit that uses GoI is Deep Striking and the act of deep striking counts as having moved in that movement phase.

So they could spawn then deep strike, but not deep strike then spawn.............

Not a bad idea as far as objective control is concerned.

If you could spawn and use GoI you could chose what to do first as SacredChao has mentioned. (Page number 9 btw).
    Deep striking should be a kind of movement and spawning happens before the movement. So if use a blessing and have moved after the use of the blessing you can't spawn and if you spawn you should already have cast the blessing. But this is all so presumptive. An FAQ here would be nice. Until then I'm gone role off for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Broussard View Post
    So they could spawn then deep strike, but not deep strike then spawn.............

Not a bad idea as far as objective control is concerned.
    No because the Tervigon Spawns IN the movement phase before it has moved, not "at the start of the movement phase" which is when Psychic powers are resolved.
    There is no "actions at the same time" conflict with Spawning and GoI, they occur at different times.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12