BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

That Thunderbolt looking thing is Sick looking ! Not sure why its getting so much hate.

~m

Battle-Brother

looks like a punisher cannon slung under the nose of that flyer. nice!

Chapter-Master

Loved the flyer when it was first shown, still do now, like a 40k A10. Necrons are awesome too
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Beamo View Post
    looks like a punisher cannon slung under the nose of that flyer. nice!
    I think it's a single barrelled Vulcan......
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

That flyer looks like a hack job on the regular valkyrie kit. I do believe you could make that with a valk kit and a punisher cannon.

I would have hoped that flyer would have had its engines near its hull (like thunderbolt does)..

There are only a few modern aircraft with engines somewhere hidden / else than wingtips.. For a good reason..

Anyway, other than that, awesome model..

BTW, does anybody know how the ork flyer kit scales in size to that flyer in pics / forgeworld thunderbolt?

Seems like a rather easy conversions it they would be even close to the same size..

I think that IG flyer is heavily inspired by the WW2 Corsair fighter, to my eyes at least. Looks cool though.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    I would have hoped that flyer would have had its engines near its hull (like thunderbolt does)..

There are only a few modern aircraft with engines somewhere hidden / else than wingtips.. For a good reason..

Anyway, other than that, awesome model..

BTW, does anybody know how the ork flyer kit scales in size to that flyer in pics / forgeworld thunderbolt?

Seems like a rather easy conversions it they would be even close to the same size..
    uh...
    [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Messerschmitt_Me_262A_at_the_National_Museum_ of_the_USAF.jpg[/url]

that's not the wing tips...
    Yeah, it has a nice mesh of German and US wwii fighter craft.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Tynskel: You probably know why that messerchmith had its jet engines like that?

They were practically one use, and incase pilot could land the plane, they were able to be swapped for new ones.. would have been rather hard to do fast on the field if you had to strip down half the hull

But clearly, my point was that they are way more vulnerable on wings.

Only plane that i know that can take punishment is A-10 Thunderbolt II
    It can lose one of its two motors, 2/3rd of its wingspan and half of its tail and bits from its hull and still maintain aerial capability (if not for anything else than safe return to homebase) but still..

And even tho i know that the plane in question shares some similarities with the A-10, if that plane lost 2/3rds of its wings, it wouldn't have any engines left to carry it around

Brother-Captain

Am I the only one who's a little underwhelmed by the Necron models?

I mean, it's not that they look bad or anything...but I dunno...
    More squads of floaty insects wasn't really what I was hoping for. They're neat and all, but I'm more looking forward to infantry and vehicles over new tomb constructs.

Glad they float other peoples' boats, but my Tomb Stalker will be keeping me happy as far as FW Necron models goes for a while.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast