BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    She doesn't really need your help to spawn, you did your part nine months before then...
    Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    This is true. My mother says husbands are the single most useless thing in the world at a childbirth. When I was born my father was at his club having luncheon with two of his best friends. Mother said if he showed his face at the hospital she would break his arms.
    I'm nothing if not practical...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Librarian

While i would normally agree that men/fathers have no place at the birth.....

things are a little more complex.... not to mention the threat of castration if i am not there LOL

i am the youngest of 4 and my dad was out getting ........ enibriated........ at the time of all of our births oh how times change in 32 years

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    This is true. My mother says husbands are the single most useless thing in the world at a childbirth. When I was born my father was at his club having luncheon with two of his best friends. Mother said if he showed his face at the hospital she would break his arms.
    Not strictly true, my mrs was in labour (induced) for 3 days which ended in an emergency c-section. I was there the whole time, operating room, the full works.

Number 2 was elective c, so not so much of a marathon birth but again I was there for. the whole time.

Thankfully the only complications were finding a gown big enough for me .

Useless ? I think not
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Well obviously there are situations where they should be there, when things don't go to plan. It's not just my mother saying they are useless though, one of her friends married an obstetrician and he says husbands are a real pain in the bum being thre. He hospital would ban them if it could. He also said the husbands are useless often the wives will send them away, or will sometimes injure their husbands. It's all very amusing listening to him complain about fathers at births. Once or twice a year he has to call security to have fathers removed because they are interfering in him doing his job.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

And my Dad abandoned me when I was 13, no reason given, this has made me determined to be there EVERY second for my kid(s).
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    And my Dad abandoned me when I was 13, no reason given, this has made me determined to be there EVERY second for my kid(s).
    Hug

Chapter-Master

There you go Witt, your simple thread about getting a single space marine as turned into an existential deabte on the usefuleness of the male gender. Who'd have thought it? And Wolfshade hasn't even been on this thread. At the risk of getting back to the OP, I'm still considering whether to go, if I do I'll hook you up with a model since I'd need to convert him to get into my Raven Guard, but you may want to rely on someone a bit more decisive.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    There you go Witt, your simple thread about getting a single space marine as turned into an existential deabte on the usefuleness of the male gender. Who'd have thought it? And Wolfshade hasn't even been on this thread. At the risk of getting back to the OP, I'm still considering whether to go, if I do I'll hook you up with a model since I'd need to convert him to get into my Raven Guard, but you may want to rely on someone a bit more decisive.
    Haha, I know right? At least its the usual suspects doing it. I can appreciate that.

As for the Muhreeen. I'll take it as a definitely maybe. If so, that's great, If not, that's fine too. I figure if I wait 6 months or so after I'll be able to pick it up for around $25 anyways, since they're not as "rare" as they used to be.

I may have some Raven Guard bolters lying around, FYI....

www.queencityguard.com

I *could* have helped with the Space Marine... I just have no idea how I'd get it to you.

And my comments were relevent up until my last.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    I *could* have helped with the Space Marine... I just have no idea how I'd get it to you.

And my comments were relevent up until my last.
    I posted Witt some books from GW last year, got there no problem

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast