BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

IMO, the Axe Mortalis is simply a Master-Crafted Power Axe. I feel that this entire debate has been ignoring the fact that 'master-crafted' is not a unique special rule, but rather an upgrade to weaponry (as evidenced in other portions of the codex). That, and going by the clarification in the BRB to look to the model for clarification as to whether it's a Sword/Axe/etc. seems that the debate would be easily resolved. Dante carries a big-ol' power axe with a unique name, which has the master-crafted upgrade.
    The objective of the game is to win. The purpose of the game is to have fun. The two should never be confused.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Irdion View Post
    IMO, the Axe Mortalis is simply a Master-Crafted Power Axe. I feel that this entire debate has been ignoring the fact that 'master-crafted' is not a unique special rule, but rather an upgrade to weaponry (as evidenced in other portions of the codex). That, and going by the clarification in the BRB to look to the model for clarification as to whether it's a Sword/Axe/etc. seems that the debate would be easily resolved. Dante carries a big-ol' power axe with a unique name, which has the master-crafted upgrade.
    OH MY GOD!!!

ARE YOU STILL DEBATING THIS?

FOR F*CK SAKE

1 It has "SPECIAL RULES"

therefore CANNOT Look to see what it has

2 the codex (which trumps rulebook) refers to the axe mortalis BY NAME! as unique.

My count:

1) Master Crafted isn't an upgrade any more, it's listed in Universal Special Rules.
    2) Axes, Mauls and Lances should have been handled as their own SR.

Listing the weapon type as a special rule would make it much more easily handled by having the weapon look like

Axe Mortalis: Master Crafted, Power Axe

or Axe Mortalis: Master Crafted, Power Weapon
    When life gives you lemon's... should have used a condom.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    OH MY GOD!!!

ARE YOU...
    It does not have UNIQUE Special Rules.

And cool it with the massive text. It doesn't do anything for the argument.
    The objective of the game is to win. The purpose of the game is to have fun. The two should never be confused.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    OH MY GOD!!!

ARE YOU STILL DEBATING THIS?

FOR F*CK SAKE

1 It has "SPECIAL RULES"

therefore CANNOT Look to see what it has

2 the codex (which trumps rulebook) refers to the axe mortalis BY NAME! as unique.
    Read the BDAB.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris*ta View Post
    No ... please don't let this get started again ... it's already gone 18 pages.

The TL;DR version of this thread is that the page in the BDAB says "special rules" in the first paragraph and "unique rules" in the second, and whether Mastercrafted is a Unique Rule, and whether being Unique is relevant.

Basically, the Axe Mortalis doesn't really fit in either paragraph. Then there's about a dozen pages of arguing ... I suggested as a compromise you can play the Axe Mortalis following the rules of whichever type of power weapon you like, just discuss it with your opponent first ... people argue that there is to be no compromise, it DOES HAVE unique rules and you are NOT ALLOWED to play it any other way ... someone emails the mail order trolls, who say it does follow the rules for weapons with unique rules ... no one points out that the mail order trolls are exactly as qualified to make rules decisions as, I dunno, anyone on this (or any other) forum ... some more arguing ... a couple of unrelated rules questions ... then a few people post occasionally on this thread to ask if there's a decision ... people are rude about them committing threadomancy for some unknown reason ... and now where here.

But, please ... don't poke this thread too much or it will explode out another ten pages

Brother-Captain

Dante walks into a seedy Mexican bar. Cheech (he's our bartender) and the patrons eye him and his guitar case with suspicion.
    Cheech: What do you want?
    Dante: Something to drink?
    Cheech: What's in the guitar case?
    Dante: A guitar?
    They open the case and lo, there is a guitar and it is good. Everyone starts to relax, but then the guitar starts lifting up to reveal the AXE MORTALIS!
    Cheech: Alright everyone, get your attacks in, he's initiative 1.
    Dante: Wait, what? No way, it's totally unique! I named it and everything! I go at initiative!
    Cheech: Not according to my rulebook.
    And so, everything is brought to a halt. We never get to see the lovely Selma Hayek, Quentin Tarantino survives the movie, and Danny Trejo doesn't get to kill a bunch of dudes in a bullet proof car with only his throwing knives.
    Alternative explanations:
    Dante is very old and likely not wholly right in his head. Anything Dante grabs with his right hand is called the Axe Mortalis. Newspapers, cups, kittens, etc. all the Axe Mortalis.

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    Dante walks into a seedy Mexican bar. Cheech (he's our bartender) and the patrons eye him and his guitar case with suspicion.
    They open the case and lo, there is a guitar and it is good. Everyone starts to relax, but then the guitar starts lifting up to reveal the AXE MORTALIS!
    Dante: Wait, what? No way, it's totally unique! I named it and everything! I go at initiative!
    And so, everything is brought to a halt. We never get to see the lovely Selma Hayek, Quentin Tarantino survives the movie, and Danny Trejo doesn't get to kill a bunch of dudes in a bullet proof car with only his throwing knives.
    Dante is very old and likely not wholly right in his head. Anything Dante grabs with his right hand is called the Axe Mortalis. Newspapers, cups, kittens, etc. all the Axe Mortalis.
    bfmusashi, You're my guitar hero!

Oh yeah, I'm referencing The Clash, cos that's how I roll

Brother-Sergeant

I am now in the process of greenstuffing a kitten for use as the Axe Mortalis. It is hilarious as a concept, and makes me weep with sick joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Irdion View Post
    I am now in the process of greenstuffing a kitten for use as the Axe Mortalis. It is hilarious as a concept, and makes me weep with sick joy.
    Pics or it didn't happen!

Brother-Sergeant

@ bfmusashi: Thx for getting this thread back on track!

^ This was great, I honestly laughed. Superb my friend, superb.

^Seems legit.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast