BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    lemartes is irrelevant, These FAQ contain rules changes (see typhus) they choose to change the rules for lemartes but not the rules for Dante.
    That doesn't even make sense. They did make a lot of changes. Lemartes is not irrelevant. His entry is exactly the same as Dante for his Wargear. The only difference is the name. Dante's actually says Axe. Lemartes does not say, sword, axe, maul, or lance.

Typhus also didn't say sword, axe, maul or lance. It is a scythe. To fit that in with the current rules, they made it an axe.

As I mentioned before, Glaive Encarmine is the more vague entry. What are they? They are a two-handed master crafted power weapon. I say they are what you model them as, they could be either an axe or sword.

Astorath's entry is clearly an AP3 weapon. It has unique rules. I would say it is an axe, but the rulebook states if it has a unique rule then I treat it as AP3.

The rule book doesn't specify "unique rule" it says "special rule" which master crafted is

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Nachodragon, Quote the rulebook, the only rule you can quote tells us to NOT look to the model IF IT HAS SPECIAL RULES.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandoncbaker View Post
    The rule book doesn't specify "unique rule" it says "special rule" which master crafted is
    Actually it uses both. One in one place, one in the other. Read my last post. I quote both rules, and explain the problem quite clearly.

Chaplain

You are clearly reading the Unique Power Weapon rules as that is the only place that says to treat it as AP3. No where in that entry does it say anything about special rules. It specifies Unique Rules. Master-Crafted it not a unique rule. It is a special rule. So... by your definition, and @Bean, this weapon and many others, apparently fall through the cracks. The way to rule this is by looking at the model and seeing what weapon they are using.

Dante has an axe.

The Unique rule statement is under the rule titled unusual power weapons.which I believe is in place to cower weapons such as the Glaive Encarmine

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Nachodragon View Post
    You are clearly reading the Unique Power Weapon rules as that is the only place that says to treat it as AP3. No where in that entry does it say anything about special rules. It specifies Unique Rules. Master-Crafted it not a unique rule. It is a special rule. So... by your definition, and @Bean, this weapon and many others, apparently fall through the cracks. The way to rule this is by looking at the model and seeing what weapon they are using.

Dante has an axe.
    No I am reading the rule on page 61, title (Types of Power Weapons), second paragraph, first sentence.

In fact YOU quoted the rule earlier. NO FURTHER SPECIAL RULES

It NEVER mentions unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachodragon View Post
    You are clearly reading the Unique Power Weapon rules as that is the only place that says to treat it as AP3. No where in that entry does it say anything about special rules...
    I'll quote the book.. In the power weapons section on page 61, sub section Types of Power Weapons. Second paragraph.

" if a models wargear says it has a power weapon(which Dante's does) which has no further SPECIAL RULES.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Brandoncbaker View Post
    The Unique rule statement is under the rule titled unusual power weapons.which I believe is in place to cower weapons such as the Glaive Encarmine
    Glaive and The Axe of Mortalis have almost the same entry. Only difference is the Glaive says two-handed. The Unusual Power Weapon entry is for Astorath's weapon and Kharn's weapon, and all those that do more than just being a power weapon. Master-Crafted is not unique.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    No I am reading the rule on page 61, title (Types of Power Weapons), second paragraph, first sentence.

In fact YOU quoted the rule earlier. NO FURTHER SPECIAL RULES

It NEVER mentions unique.
    Where do you apply the AP3? It is not in that section. What type of weapon does Dante have by your interpretation? What is the AP? What other special rules does it gain? That section does not tell you to give it the AP3, that is the next section that does not apply to Dante's axe.

Also, I never said that section mentioned unique, but on the same page, the Unusual Power Weapons DOES mention unique.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast