BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post

To clarify, the mask is a 'set modifier', changing your actual stats. Unwieldy is just saying that's the Initiative that you strike at, regardless of your Initiative stat and any changes to it.
    Where in the rules does it state unwieldy ignores modifiers to initiative because it's not there. They would be I1 but for around one they would be I10 no where does it say they ignore any modifiers as it did in fifth edtion, in 5th it clearly stated it show me where it does and I would gladly accept it

Veteran-Sergeant

The rule for unweildly does not say that it ignores modifiers because it does not have to. In past editions you attacked in strict order of initiative. Now however, models fight in one of 10 "steps." Normally this is equal to your initiative, as the tules say. However, the rules state that both unwieldly and units that charged through cover attack at step 1, i.e. last.

In other words, unwieldly bypasses initiative entierly. A clearer way to read it would be: "the model attacks as if it had initative 1, irrespective of base or modified initiative" which is different than a stat modifying rule such as whips, banshee masks etc...

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

I hate to say it guys but I think this is pretty clear now.

Yes your mask makes you I10 in the first round of combat, you use that I for Pile in, sweeping advance and the like, However your attacks are resolved at the I1 caused by unwieldy.

Its the same with Dante (If he gets ruled to have an Axe) He would still be I6 for hit and run and sweeping advance but he would attack at I1.

You can be I10 all you want, you still strike at I1.

Come on guys, I thought we'd all learned this before:

If something is too good to be true, it is.

When something has an awesome way it can go, and any other way, I can guarantee it won't be awesome.
    When life gives you lemon's... should have used a condom.

Chapter-Master

Spears sound good to me!
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Quote Originally Posted by Diagnosis Ninja View Post
    You can be I10 all you want, you still strike at I1.

Come on guys, I thought we'd all learned this before:

If something is too good to be true, it is.

When something has an awesome way it can go, and any other way, I can guarantee it won't be awesome.
    'xcept if we're talking about marines, of course. Regroup movement + normal movement + charge + such? Too good? not for a marine

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123