BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Clairification Howling Banshees Iniative

Hey all this came up in my gaming group today:

"Howling banshees just got a good buff.

They can swap thier power weapons for power axes, and get +1 str/ap2
    As they are always I10 when they charge into combat due to the mask, this is going to rock.

Especially on an autarch with power axe and banshee mask. "

The counter argument right now is : "Power axes are unweildy. That means they strike at init 1."

Nothing in the FAQ that covers this, only the Core and Codex:

"Eldar Codex Page 31: Banshee Mask: In the first round of an assault a model wearing a Banshee mask has initiative 10 and negates any Initiative bonus conferred by cover and grenades."

So what is everyone's take on this? Does the Power axe Int drop it or does the Mask increase it? I know they have been back and forth on this with similar things like the +2 int on Halberd from GK's where for a while things like lash whips dropped you to Int 1 post the additional +2. Then it was prior and now its post again.
    Ahhh- I might be having a heart attack!! I am over weight, over fifty and I am speedballing tranq darts and pure adrenaline!!

Battle-Brother

Think most are leaning toward the axe striking at I1, it really need to be FAQ thought, I've seen it on here both ways

First-Captain

Both are set initiatives, I would say 10 on charge 1 after.
    For the Greater good.

Veteran-Sergeant

Tyranid FAQ for lash whips says to roll off if the enemy has another set value for initiative. I think that's a good enough way to work conflicting set values in general.

Chapter-Master

It actually covers that under the Modifiers rules. You multiply, then add, then go to set values. And in the case of multiple set values, you roll off.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    It actually covers that under the Modifiers rules. You multiply, then add, then go to set values. And in the case of multiple set values, you roll off.
    can you point out where, please? I have read page 2 Modifier section half a dozen times trying to figure out if i was imagining things, then remembered I read the roll of in the FAQ

my bet is that they'll (GW) rule them power swords (AP 3) and put that nail in the coffin ASAP.
    Last edited by godsvendetta777; 07-02-2012 at 04:20 PM.

Librarian

Where does it state Banshees can swap out their power weapons for axes?

Quote Originally Posted by JMichael View Post
    Where does it state Banshees can swap out their power weapons for axes?
    Under 6th ed. rules, anything listed as a "Power Weapon" can either be a Power Sword, Axe, Lance or Maul depending on what it is modeled as.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Melon-neko View Post
    can you point out where, please? I have read page 2 Modifier section half a dozen times trying to figure out if i was imagining things, then remembered I read the roll of in the FAQ
    That's second hand knowlege for me, I didn't buy the book so I can't go reference specific things. Someone on one of these threads mentioned it.

It might just be the Most Important Rule thing. I could be wrong, though.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast