BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default The Bikes are Back! (1800 6E list)

Dragging my old 4E Biker list kicking and screaming into 6th edition after being mostly shelved for 5. Bikes seem to have gotten a fairly decent boost in this edition so thought id roll em out.

Khan + Moondrakken - 205
    Command Squad - Bikes, Champion, PowerAxe x2, Thunder Hammer, Apothecary - 280

Bikes x4 - PowerAxe, Meltaguns x2, Heavybolter Attack Bike - 190
    Bikes x4 - PowerAxe, Plasmagun x2, Multimelta Attack Bike - 210

Scouts x6 - Sniper Rifles x5, Rocket Launcher - 98

StormTalon Gunship - Skyhammer Missiles - 155

Devastators x5 - Heavy Bolter x4 - 150
    Devastators x5 - Rocket Launcher x4 - 150

Total = 1801

Devi's and Scouts are there to keep my 50% reserve balance as well as having an 'anchor' on the battlefield to work around and provide some heavy covering fire at range. All Bikes outflank, the Stormtalons attach to the Heavy Bolter Bike Squads and come in all Dakka Dakka .

Only thing i worry about is how expensive that command Squad is now that FNP has been reduced and that i seem to have a number of them Striking last in combat.

Any thoughts?

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Sonikgav View Post
    Dragging my old 4E Biker list kicking and screaming into 6th edition after being mostly shelved for 5. Bikes seem to have gotten a fairly decent boost in this edition so thought id roll em out.

Khan + Moondrakken - 205
    Command Squad - Bikes, Champion, PowerAxe x2, Thunder Hammer, Apothecary - 280

Bikes x4 - PowerAxe, Plasmagun x2, Multimelta Attack Bike - 210

Scouts x6 - Sniper Rifles x5, Rocket Launcher - 98

Devastators x5 - Heavy Bolter x4 - 150
    Devastators x5 - Rocket Launcher x4 - 150

Total = 1801

Devi's and Scouts are there to keep my 50% reserve balance as well as having an 'anchor' on the battlefield to work around and provide some heavy covering fire at range. All Bikes outflank, the Stormtalons attach to the Heavy Bolter Bike Squads and come in all Dakka Dakka .

Only thing i worry about is how expensive that command Squad is now that FNP has been reduced and that i seem to have a number of them Striking last in combat.

Any thoughts?
    FNp is only on a 5+, but for your bikes it works against anything that isn't S10, so most powerfists. I find it to be a boost in general, even at 5+

It looks fun, just remember you can't assault after you outflank anymore.

You also have to be careful about outflanking everything. Against IG or other armies with heavy shooting, you have a chance of having your scouts and devs killed first turn =( 16 models is killeable in 1 turn with bad luck (unless you have terrain where you can hide the unit out of sight, then you're fine!)

I may actually not bother Outflanking Khan and his Command Squad. He overbalances the 50/50 balance anyway so ill leave him and his FNP unit on the board.

The outflankers are shooters not fighters so im not worried about the inability to charge.