BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Blood Angel Air Force, 2K point

Troops, how well do you think a Blood Angel Air Force army would do? In a 2000 point game I could field 6 StormRavens (because of the double force org rule that kicks in for 2K games). A couple of cheap Librarians would be the two HQs and 4 five man assault squads would satisfy the troop requirements. Really, though, the might of the army would be the flyers and the main tactic would be to "kill 'em all." What do y'all think? Cope
    Looking for a game in the San Antonio area? You can find me here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/175757472448931/

Chapter-Master

You must deploy at least half your army on the board, ignoring units that must start in reserves. Flyers must start in reserves.

So your Ravens all have to start in reserves, but you must deploy at least 3 of your 6 remaining units on the board, outside their Ravens.

Obviously, that's going to cause some problems.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Librarian

I think you'd find it hard finding someone who'd put up with that list.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    You must deploy at least half your army on the board, ignoring units that must start in reserves. Flyers must start in reserves.

So your Ravens all have to start in reserves, but you must deploy at least 3 of your 6 remaining units on the board, outside their Ravens.

Obviously, that's going to cause some problems.
    you do not have to start them on the board if they are going in something that must come in from reserves...Drop pod armies would be silly if 1/2 of them came in before their pods...

anyways i think the Storm raven is 2nd best vehicle in the game now...IG fliers being the best...

I played 2k last night...1 libby with jump pack, 1 priest with jump pack, 10 Assult marines with 2meltas...
    5 SS TH termies, 1 Libby termy with SS in raven with DC dread
    10 DC normal cc weapons lemartes in a Raven with DC dread...

fun game, vs 3 battle wagons, 2 20 boy shoota squads, big mech and a boss and 6 mega nobs, 1 30 choppa squad 3 kans, and 3 dakka jets...

1st rule, tanks die in CC now...if u assault it and have a good number of Attacks it dies in cc...

DC with rage is awesome now...ate 70 boys with DC last night...dc dreads were fun too...SH-TH termies are a must for anyone that can take them...2 went through 8 mega nobs but died to the boss...

Challenge = the end for orks...nobs Die in challenges...lemartes killed 3 nobs in challenges and DC ate their boys...

Flyer on Flyer combat is cool...

Im not sure you can double up your Force Org like that.

I thought the second Force Org was for the second detatchment and that you cant ally 2 forces from the same Codex together.

Default It's pretty clear...

Sonik, the BRB is very clear: as soon as you hit 2K points your force org doubles:

Minimum 2 HQs
    Min 4 Troops
    up to 6 Elites, Heavies, etc... I'm very excited about this!

Edit: sorry... you CAN take a 2nd force org... you are not required to... so, min 2 HQs if you decide to do this, etc...
    Last edited by Chris Copeland; 07-02-2012 at 06:28 PM. Reason: further explanation
    Looking for a game in the San Antonio area? You can find me here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/175757472448931/

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Havik110 View Post
    you do not have to start them on the board if they are going in something that must come in from reserves...Drop pod armies would be silly if 1/2 of them came in before their pods...
    That only applies to dedicated transports. Storm ravens are not dedicated so he would have to set up 3 units/IC's on the board and risk a first turn loss due to the words on page 122 (paraphrase) If you don't have any models on the board at the end of a game turn, you lose.

So anyway, the army is actually probably not very good ^^