BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: "Elite"

OK, This is what Ive bought, all off Ebay and all very cheap. Should weigh in at 1500pts

1 Captain
    1 Chaplin (Terminator) or 1 Librarian
    1 HQ squad set
    3 Tactical Squads
    1 Assault Squad
    1 Scout Squad
    10 Terminators (Incl. 2 Assault Cannons)
    2 Dreadnaughts (various weapons to be pinned and therefore interchangeable, 1 to be converted to an Ironclad)

So, I take it I am now the proud owner of a useless army?
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Abbess Sanctorum

Except for the terminators, I'd say that is potentially a very potent list.

But then I can't say I've ever really been afraid of termies... stuff enough bolter rounds into them and they'll go down like anything else...
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

If the Tacticals had the CCW I wouldn't have bothered with the Terminators, but as it is I thought I needed to beef it up a bit (+ Their Black Reach and therefore cheap). Maybe a 2nd Assault Squad? Switch them in and out with the Terminators depending on opponent. Devastators didn't appeal at all, they seem like putting alot of eggs in one basket.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post
    OK, This is what Ive bought, all off Ebay and all very cheap. Should weigh in at 1500pts

1 Captain
    1 Chaplin (Terminator) or 1 Librarian
    1 HQ squad set
    3 Tactical Squads
    1 Assault Squad
    1 Scout Squad
    10 Terminators (Incl. 2 Assault Cannons)
    2 Dreadnaughts (various weapons to be pinned and therefore interchangeable, 1 to be converted to an Ironclad)

So, I take it I am now the proud owner of a useless army?
    That collection has the makings of a good list. All you need to do to make it a great list is figure out what you want to do with each unit and focus. You will need as much anti-tank as you can fit in (meltas are the meta-game choice, power fists/thunder hammers are good back-up/second choice). Marines do anti-horde fairly well, so you just want to retain your killing power (plasma/assault cannons are a better choice than lascannon for light vehicles and heavy infantry, and assault cannons can take out a Land Raider while also being a good anti-infantry weapon). After that, think about how you will deploy these units to make best use of their assets, think about how you will handle objectives, think about what you would do versus a specific or general army build, etc.

SJ

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789