BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flakk Missiles

Default Flakk Missiles

Has anyone else noticed that while these new missiles are in the rulebook GW have not put them into the updated FAQs? The book states that missile launchers can be upgraded to carry them, yet doesn't say who can have them. Kinda annoying as i know my opponent has at least 2 flyers in his 2000pt Necron army. Going to phone GW today and see if they can clarify this, would love to know that my army now has access to them.

Brother-Sergeant

I would assume it is because they will be put into 6th ed codecies (for the armies that can purches them) and they just didn't include them in the FAQs.

Chapter-Master

They are available

But only as an upgrade for the Fortress of Redemption i think

AA is sorely lacking. At this point the best bet is a 100 point for a defence line, with a quad gun
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Nope, not on the Fortress, they're like Fragstorm Missiles or something.

Also, I don't know what a "Macro Cannon" is, but I know that I want one.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Yes, yes, everyone has either:

A) Noticed this and realized that they are putting in the option for future introduction.

B) Tried to argue that "Every missile launcher gets them automatically!"

I'll give you two guesses which one it is, and the first guess doesn't count.

Still, I suppose the more times this comes up, the faster everyone will learn the real rules. Continue.

It would have been more sensible to give them to all Missile Launchers, instead they say some can upgrade and don't give a list of which ones. 40k isn't a permissive ruleset, unless the option is specifically given you can't take it Also give the sodding things to Eldar missile launchers too, please.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Also give the sodding things to Eldar missile launchers too, please.
    I knew that you would say that.

Chapter-Master

Well, if they only gave it to marines, and not other races it would just further widen the gap between the codexes. Give marines the fliers AND the AA options, but leave Eldar with nothing. Just like the Tau. Or the DE. Or the Nids...
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Battle-Brother

Until GW clarifies who and what gets the flakk missiles I would simply ask my opponent if its ok that my ML have them. My guess is that it will be ok 99.99% of the time, unless they are douches.

If however, they are douches, then don't play them.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast