BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    As for the Doomscythe... The Skyfire rules only state that you can take your shots at your regular BS. The Skyfire rules do not say that these are not still Snap Shots. If they are still Snap Shots, then you cannot use auto-hitting shooting attacks.

I would suggest that both RAW and RAI suggests that the Doomscythe cannot fire its Death Ray at a zooming flyer.

-Kristian
    I'd agree with you, though I think it can be argued the other way.

Page 81, top of the right-hand column says that only Snap Shots can be taken against Zooming flyers unless you have the Skyfire rule (emphasis added). So that suggests that Skyfire shots are not Snap Shots but normal shooting, albeit at a flying target.

I'll wait for the FAQ!

James
    Last edited by JamesP; 07-03-2012 at 03:02 PM.

Aye, James. Just saw that bit.

It is, as usual with GW, unclear.

-Kristian

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Can you snap fire auto-hits? If so, then it's perfectly legal, and I don't recall any restriction on being able to do it.
    The BRB says anything that does not use BS to resolve a hit cannot be used as a snap shot. So all auto-hit shooting attacks are out.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesP View Post
    Nope, you just pick a spot and then draw a line of death ray goodness (TM) to a point 2D6 away.
    Then I would say it cannot hit Swooping/Zooming flyers.

edit: Pg 13, lower-right hard corner.
    Last edited by kjolnir; 07-03-2012 at 03:32 PM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by kjolnir View Post
    The BRB says anything that does not use BS to resolve a hit cannot be used as a snap shot. So all auto-hit shooting attacks are out.
    Perfect. There's the solution.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Perfect. There's the solution.
    Unless the argument that Skyfire shots are not Snap Shots but normal shooting, albeit at a flying target, holds up.

Page 81, top of the right-hand column says that only Snap Shots can be taken against Zooming flyers unless you have the Skyfire rule - i.e. that Skyfire allows you to make normal AKA non-Snap Shot shots against Zooming flyers.

Until an FAQ I'll stick to dogfighting with twin-linked Tesla, unless my opponent says otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesP View Post
    Unless the argument that Skyfire shots are not Snap Shots but normal shooting, albeit at a flying target, holds up.

Page 81, top of the right-hand column says that only Snap Shots can be taken against Zooming flyers unless you have the Skyfire rule - i.e. that Skyfire allows you to make normal AKA non-Snap Shot shots against Zooming flyers.

Until an FAQ I'll stick to dogfighting with twin-linked Tesla, unless my opponent says otherwise.
    Does your Death Ray require a to-hit roll?

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by kjolnir View Post
    Does your Death Ray require a to-hit roll?
    Doomscythe is a Flyer. It can choose to skyfire, therefore; whether it rolls to hit is irrelevant as this only affects shots made as snap-fire. The Death Ray is not a template nor a blast weapon.

Until further FAQ'd, I am going to play it as choose to skyfire and I can hit flyers, otherwise, I only hit non-flying units.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachodragon View Post
    Doomscythe is a Flyer. It can choose to skyfire, therefore; whether it rolls to hit is irrelevant as this only affects shots made as snap-fire. The Death Ray is not a template nor a blast weapon.

Until further FAQ'd, I am going to play it as choose to skyfire and I can hit flyers, otherwise, I only hit non-flying units.
    Edit: Nevermind, I get what you're saying. If you use the Skyfire special rule, it applies to all your weapons, including the Death Ray. That means your Death Ray would not be making a Snap Shot against the Flyer, and can be used.

I have a hard time disagreeing.
    Last edited by kjolnir; 07-03-2012 at 05:09 PM.

Chaplain

Yes, that is what I was saying.
    Last edited by Nachodragon; 07-03-2012 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Replied after edit to previous post

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast