BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    First-Captain

I think thats a good idea. What founding chapter?

Brother-Sergeant

energongoodie:

i appaud attempts at bringing back the feel of the old days, i miss them too. however the referace material should be the SM codex. i don't want to deter you from buying a new book, heck that's the only way the hobby keeps growing.

the mult space marine force should be a repersentation of the space marines codex astarties, not of one of the divergence chapters. unless you intend to use each chapters individual ruleset for each squad, which will get quite confusing as it is.

please post pics of the great crusade
    -Chris
    tied more games than i've won and still have fun every time i lose.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by energongoodie View Post
    I think thats a good idea. What founding chapter?
    The founding chapter is Ultramarines because I luvz da smurfs and the successor chapter is Genesis.

http://pitoftheoni.blogspot.com

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW View Post
    energongoodie:

i appaud attempts at bringing back the feel of the old days, i miss them too. however the referace material should be the SM codex. i don't want to deter you from buying a new book, heck that's the only way the hobby keeps growing.

the mult space marine force should be a repersentation of the space marines codex astarties, not of one of the divergence chapters. unless you intend to use each chapters individual ruleset for each squad, which will get quite confusing as it is.

please post pics of the great crusade
    Cheers for the nod. I appreciate you're sensibleness and I understand the logic of using the SM codex. However...the wolves dex lets me have terminator sergeants, well equipped tactical squads, a characyer dreadnought, and a terminator with a teleporting thunderhammer. All too Iron Handsy too pass up I'm afraid. I'll just sprinkle in some wolf models, skyclaws are a problem as using flesh tearers/scorpions/angels means they would have bobbins ballistic skill but overall, fun fun fun.

Veteran-Sergeant

I think you should go for it. I have toyed with the same idea...mostly because I cannot bring myself to paint more than one or two squads in any one color scheme...at least this way I might finish a whole army.

I agree with some that the Space Marines Codex might be a better representation for a mixed chapter army, but I say use the codex you want...and have fun with it.
    Last edited by Ivarr; 10-08-2009 at 09:19 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234