BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Living In London

Sup dudes?

So, continuing the recent progressions in my life, I'm now starting to look at moving to London. Not only is it cutting out the £375 commuting bill each month, but I'm growing increasingly weary of small town life (small town breeds small minds it seems!).

And to be honest, I'm looking for some advice. I know it's not going to be especially cheap, but my current situation, including bills, rent, council tax and travel would weigh in around £1,000 per month (yes, seriously. My area is on par with London for rent it would seem!) so that's not so much of a concern.

What I need to know is the nicer areas currently becoming more gentrified, so I can get in now before it goes price mental (happy to follow the migration later on!). I'll be working in Canary Wharf, and I've been looking at East Ham.

Any pros or cons to this area? What's the gaming scene like? Facilties aren't much of a worry as living in London I'll just get on the tube or a bus and go elsewhere for fun and games!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Sounds like you're being banished to an outer circle of hell...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

Mate my Grandparents used to live in Redbridge and own a business in East Ham. Ain't nuthin gentrified abaht that my son...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.