BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by thecactusman17 View Post
    EnglishInquisition, if my good friend who plays all air cavalry (a truly beautiful force with numerous Forge World Vendetta gunships) can't use his army that's 100% legal by codex but illegal by the new rules, then there is no justice. This isn't an issue of "adapt" becaues there is nothing to adapt. You can't have an air cavalry list when your army is forced out of their transports before they even arrive. It utterly defeats the purpose and intent of the army.
    Isn't Valkyries dedicated transports for elysians?
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Veteran-Sergeant

They are, but that's a FW list so not eligible for tournaments (yet).
    There are slight differences between a codex AirCav army and an Elysian one. Elysian armies don't use Orders, they get IronDiscipline instead.
    Bit of a 'cake and eat it' syndrome.

Chapter-Master

Well, people who limit forgeworld ARMIES at tournaments are giant bags filled with perfumes.

Codex Air Cavs make sense. There were units deployed, and they have called for extra troops, n' Air Support.

If you want to play 'Apocalypse Now!' and have 'Flight of the Valkyries' on in the background, you should be playing Elysians.

Veteran-Sergeant

Exactly!
    And give up your orders! Don't whine that you can't have it all ways.

There is one real reason all the Multi Vendetta players are up in arms. If going first they deploy, scout then 12" move drop the vets and flame/melta the oppo. Turn 1 i win i win...
    Go second, right i reserve so you dont get a shot, i come in realisiticaly with half the force turn 2 and then laz all those nasty tanks, haha i killed half your army before u got to fire....

Get over it. so your list does not work, you may have to think on how to play. I run Nids, what the hell do we get to deal with your vendets turn 1 turn 2 or ever. Change the game, i use to be able to shoot those transports now i need 6's.... , I want i want all the tournaments to change it so i can still shoot with some hope of dealing with the fliers... i want.

At least serve up some cheese with all that wine, oh you did 6 Fliers... 12- 18 twin link LAZ HAHA the only unit able to deal with fliers is in the same codex, and you complain?

Fires me up to hear Leaf blower variants crying foul. (yes i know its not a full leaf blower)

Of course you do realise that in about 12 months your list will be dead even if you can reserve, cause after they release all the fliers, then they release the Skyfire units. Most will get some form of interceptor weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleania View Post
    There is one real reason all the Multi Vendetta players are up in arms. If going first they deploy, scout then 12" move drop the vets and flame/melta the oppo. Turn 1 i win i win...
    Go second, right i reserve so you dont get a shot, i come in realisiticaly with half the force turn 2 and then laz all those nasty tanks, haha i killed half your army before u got to fire....

Get over it. so your list does not work, you may have to think on how to play. I run Nids, what the hell do we get to deal with your vendets turn 1 turn 2 or ever. Change the game, i use to be able to shoot those transports now i need 6's.... , I want i want all the tournaments to change it so i can still shoot with some hope of dealing with the fliers... i want.

At least serve up some cheese with all that wine, oh you did 6 Fliers... 12- 18 twin link LAZ HAHA the only unit able to deal with fliers is in the same codex, and you complain?

Fires me up to hear Leaf blower variants crying foul. (yes i know its not a full leaf blower)

Of course you do realise that in about 12 months your list will be dead even if you can reserve, cause after they release all the fliers, then they release the Skyfire units. Most will get some form of interceptor weapon.
    Absolutely +1.
    Flying AV 12 medium tanks with more firepower than an annihilator Predator just got a lot more powerful in 6th, and you still complain?
    You move 36 now, fire four weapons, have a tanks' hull points... all in a platform underpriced even in 5th.

Librarian

I play Dark Eldar with three razor wing jet fighters, and have done so since before the models were released. That restriction is foolish and completely nullifies one of the rarest and coolest armies played in the game.

Brother-Sergeant

Read page 122 under Victory Conditions. Even if you could reserve your whole force you would automatically lose at the end of turn 1. I think that puts an end to 100% Reserve armies irregardless of whether you use an IA list or not.

Veteran-Sergeant

It's 100% deliberately done!
    Fully reserved armies aren't really that fun to play against. They may well get an FAQ at some point excluding the turn 1 auto lose, but until then put something on the board as an advance force, give your opponent a full game, hope it doesn't die, and pray you roll a load of 3's on turn 2!
    The only all reserve army that should be viable is a SM Drop Pod Assault because they are guaranteed half their force turn 1.
    Last edited by EnglishInquisition; 07-09-2012 at 12:57 AM.

Chapter-Master

And Daemons

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast