BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Tycho as good as he seems?

Based on everything I can find, CPT Tycho from the Blood Angels is the only character in that codex, and one of the only SM's I can think of, who negates 2+ save at higher than I1, in this case at I5. The key wording is that his Dead Mans Hand doesn't allow armor saves, as opposed to being a" power fist", "power weapon", etc. This makes him incredibly valuable in the emerging meta of CC in 6th edition, or... did I just miss something? Can anybody point to a FAQ, anything that nerfs his weapon to either AP3 or Unwieldy?

Chaplain

Look at the back of the rulebook, there is an appendix that lists what the models are now. I believe there are more characters, though, i havent looked yet.

Chapter-Master

Captain Tycho has always rocked.

Makes your army Ld10.
    Has a Combi-Melta with Sternguard Ammo.
    Wears Artificer Armor.

Has a disfigured face.

IS a bad mofo.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Occuli Imperator

You forgot that he also has a square loin cloth and two colour schemes
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

You forgot that he also has a square loin cloth and two colour schemes
    And his own banner

I've combed through the appendixes, no mention of Tycho or the Dead Man's Hand. Also no mention in the FAQ. Looks to me like he is I5 and allows "no armor save." Woo-hoo!

Quote Originally Posted by cobra6 View Post
    I've combed through the appendixes, no mention of Tycho or the Dead Man's Hand. Also no mention in the FAQ. Looks to me like he is I5 and allows "no armor save." Woo-hoo!
    Boneswords are in the same category. They don't allow armor saves, but aren't given an AP value either.

Librarian

Tycho looks pretty awesome! Though be aware that Eldar Banshee Exarch's Mirror swords give +2 Attacks and ignore armor. And Eldrad's staff and Prince Yriel's spear always wound on 2+ and ignore armor.

I'm glad to see Terminators being a bit tougher, though this may mean that Grey Knight Paladins are even greater to kill, but just wipe out everything else and leave those Termies alone!

Veteran-Sergeant

Rulebook says, that 'ignores armour save' refere to 'power weapons', special power weapons which are 'special' (so not a sword, axe or staff), are treated as AP 3.

Veteran-Sergeant

The original FAQ stated that the dead man's hand was not an additional weapon or a weapon at all for that matter, and therefore did not convey any additional attacks in close combat. So it simply ignores all amour saves, the real question would be if it acts as AP2 or AP1 against vehicles since he gets to roll an additional D6 against vehicles in CC.
    Last edited by Dont-Be-Haten; 07-13-2012 at 09:38 AM.
    -insert epic signature-