BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

bwwhahaha. Snap Fire irrelevant? Let me remind you: [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showpost.php?p=217874&postcount=92[/url]

Did you see that part where it says SPECIAL RULES. oh yeah, it does say that, doesn't it? Yeah: Cannot Snap Fire. Therefore CANNOT hit a Snap Fire Target.

Deathray CANNOT target a Flyer, unless it has Skyfire.
    Vibrocannon CANNOT target a Flyer unless it has Skyfire.

It states CANNOT BE FIRED AS SNAP SHOTS. key word here, I'll bold it for you: *CANNOT*

Look at the Portal of Exile Example: Cannot Be Fired as Snap Shots. Sooooo, if a Swooping Monsterous Creature is within the range of the Portal of Exile, the portal of exile fires and hits GROUND TARGETS, the Swooping Monsterous Creature is IGNORED because the Portal of Exile CANNOT BE FIRED AS SNAP SHOTS.
    Last edited by Tynskel; 07-12-2012 at 08:37 PM.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    bwwhahaha. Snap Fire irrelevant? Let me remind you: [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showpost.php?p=217874&postcount=92[/url]

Did you see that part where it says SPECIAL RULES. oh yeah, it does say that, doesn't it? Yeah: Cannot Snap Fire. Therefore CANNOT hit a Snap Fire Target.

Deathray CANNOT target a Flyer, unless it has Skyfire.
    Vibrocannon CANNOT target a Flyer unless it has Skyfire.

It states CANNOT BE FIRED AS SNAP SHOTS. key word here, I'll bold it for you: *CANNOT*

Look at the Portal of Exile Example: Cannot Be Fired as Snap Shots. Sooooo, if a Swooping Monsterous Creature is within the range of the Portal of Exile, the portal of exile fires and hits GROUND TARGETS, the Swooping Monsterous Creature is IGNORED because the Portal of Exile CANNOT BE FIRED AS SNAP SHOTS.
    Snap-fire does not preclude all special rules. It says certain special rules. Which ones? Oh, it says, Blast. Also those that don't use BS.. great, I understand that. Still irrelevant.

Hard to hit states You resolve shots fired at the flyer like snap-fire. Great. I am not firing at the flyer, therefore, no snap-fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachodragon View Post
    Snap-fire does not preclude all special rules. It says certain special rules. Which ones? Oh, it says, Blast. Also those that don't use BS.. great, I understand that. Still irrelevant.

Hard to hit states You resolve shots fired at the flyer like snap-fire. Great. I am not firing at the flyer, therefore, no snap-fire.
    You just gave the answer in your last statment. You resolve shots fired at the flyer like snap-fire. Your vibro cannon must be resolved using the snap-fire rules. Snap-fire says you can not hit the flyer with this type of weapon, nor its type of shooting attack. ergo you can not resolve the damage against the flyer and you can not hit the flyer with the vibro cannon.

Yeah lots of armies are screwed against flyers right now, they just invented the unit type and only a select few codex have any way of dealing with it, or even have access to them.

Now they could faq this the other way, as GW is known to do...
    Last edited by dreadnaughtguy; 07-12-2012 at 08:53 PM. Reason: parting thought

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnaughtguy View Post
    You just gave the answer in your last statment. You resolve shots fired at the flyer like snap-fire. Your vibro cannon must be resolved using the snap-fire rules. Snap-fire says you can not hit the flyer with this type of weapon, nor its type of shooting attack. ergo you can not resolve the damage against the flyer and you can not hit the flyer with the vibro cannon.

Yeah lots of armies are screwed against flyers right now, they just invented the unit type and only a select few codex have any way of dealing with it, or even have access to them.
    The shot has already been resolved. Anything the line is drawn through takes D6 hits. Snap-fire does not address wounding or armor penetration. The shot is when a weapon shoots AT something. After the shot is just the effect. Snap-fire does not say I can only resolve wounding or armor pen by rolling a 6 or anything else. It only talks about shooting.

Librarian

No it hasn't been resolved.
    Come on Nacho you have better reading skills than this.
    BRB pg. 81
    Shots resolved at a Zooming Flyer can only be resolved as Snap Shots,
    Vibro cannons do not have Snap Shot.
    They cannot be resolved against a Flyer.

Codex vs. BRB doesn't work as it never over-rules Snap Shot.

This one is very simple.

Chaplain

I still contend you are not shooting at the flyer and snap-fire does not come into effect.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleDV8 View Post
    Codex vs. BRB doesn't work as it never over-rules Snap Shot.

This one is very simple.
    But it overrules rolling to-hit "against" the unit, and everything related to that, such as checking range, for instance. It's like how the Vibrocannon would be unaffected by nightfighting in 5th ed. The Snap Fire is part of rolling to-hit against a unit, and Vibro Cannons have their own unique way of handling to-hit rolls.

Librarian

Yes ,they do, which still doesn't get resolved against flyers
    It doesn't use Snap Shot ; it can't be resolved

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleDV8 View Post
    Yes ,they do, which still doesn't get resolved against flyers
    It doesn't use Snap Shot ; it can't be resolved
    Hard to Hit specifies that shots resolved against zooming fliers may only be resolved as snap shots. Why does this affect a weapon that never resolves its shots against the enemy unit?

Librarian

Because it can't resolve it's hits as it is not a Snap Shot.

The Vibro cannon may have automatic 'hits' but against a flyer it never resolves.
    Last edited by SeattleDV8; 07-12-2012 at 10:26 PM.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast