BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
    Librarian

Default Vibro-Cannon great AA and light vehicle?

Eldar Vibro-Cannon. First off, Artillery just got a lot tougher. Add a warlock with conceal (5++) and even more survivability.
    Rolls to hit, one d6/weapon in battery. Add a Warlock to boost BS of one shot from 3 to 4.
    Draw a straight line 36" in any direction from any of the weapons.
    It also auto-glances vehicles!

Imagine 2 Batteries of 2...can bring down a flyer/turn.
    Throw in Guide when you need it...get a good line up and hit multiple vehicles per turn.

Thoughts, ideas?

Battle-Brother

just thinking the same thing, really! although the warlock won't get you increased BS. the enhance power only increases WS and I.

but still! it might also give some use to harlequins (counter-charge/protection duties)

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by antennafarm View Post
    just thinking the same thing, really! although the warlock won't get you increased BS. the enhance power only increases WS and I.
    The warlock can shoot one of the artillery guns (BRB p46 states that characters that can be added to the crew can shoot the weapons). This was the same in 5th.
    IC's attached cannot shoot the weapon.

Gonna bring 2 units of 2 vs Necrons tomorrow and nail his Arks and Walkers!

Brother-Sergeant

If Im not mistaken aren't "lines" now considered templates? If so they can't be used to hit flyers. I don't recall that being FAQed, but the precident has been set.

Quote Originally Posted by Subexarch View Post
    If Im not mistaken aren't "lines" now considered templates? If so they can't be used to hit flyers. I don't recall that being FAQed, but the precident has been set.
    i have no idea where you got lines are templates they are not nor have they ever been..until the word template is used they shoot a line and they affect flyers and anything under the line for 36 inches

Brother-Sergeant

Hmm. I don't know where I got the "line is a template" thing. May be in one of the fantasy FAQ's. Cannon rules I think. Anyway, Vibocannons dont effect "everything under the line", They effect "any unit the line passes through". The line would literally have to be amed up at the hull of the flyer (the base is always ignored as per the BADAB). Could the max 45 degreed elevation rule be used to prevent being shot?

Bear in mind I play Eldar. I know this may be a possibilty now, but I wouldn't gat to used to it. It's going to get FAQ'ed eventually.

A template is a very specific thing in the GW ruleset, template refers to either the blast markers or the flamer template. If it doesn't use those it isn't a template.

Having said that I'm still not sure how vibrocannon would work on flyers.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Vibrate the hell out of it until it falls apart?
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Librarian

They don't work. You need to roll to hit each target with snap fire weapons, and vibro cannons only roll to hit once. At minimum, you would be rolling to hit on 6s if you were firing at aircraft.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by thecactusman17 View Post
    They don't work. You need to roll to hit each target with snap fire weapons, and vibro cannons only roll to hit once. At minimum, you would be rolling to hit on 6s if you were firing at aircraft.
    Vibro cannons have their own targeting rules. Codex trumps rulebook right?

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast