BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Occuli Imperator

true enough that it isn't written as clear as it should. The thing is that there are two enteries here. One paragraph talks about what to do against infantry and another talks about vehicles. They are two separate rules and when it goes over vechiles it causes a single glance for each vibro cannon that hits. Like I said, 3 dice, 3 hits, 3 glances. not 3 dice, 3 hits, one glance...

Till then Myself and several American TO's have said it is 3 glances (Rolling off isn't an option from a TO), but I can't wait to hear the official word.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

I just sent off another email specifically about the vibro cannon issue to GW FAQs, so hopefully we will get some clarification. I really hope your interpretation is correct, but I'm too accustomed to things going against the Eldar rather than for. Vibro cannon would be a brilliant AA weapon if it is 3 hits, a battery of three could take down a flyer each turn.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

I've never questioned that more than one glancing hit regardless of the # of weapons in the battery.

The benefit for having more guns in the battery vs vehicles is more dice to hit. I take 2 (often with a Warlock for added BS), it's like having them twin linked.

Occuli Imperator

Except any time that they mean to say "it's like twin linked," they simply say it is twin linked. Look at War walkers with twin weapons vs Wraithlords with twin weapons.

It is pretty simple actually, when "A cannon," hits it causes a glance. If it said "the weapon battery," or even "the line," it would be one hit. This seriously isn't that hard as long as you stop trying to make the two separate paragraphs one rule, which is the wrong way to go about it. Against targets with an armor value you score a glance for each vibro cannon that hits.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice

My very first post on this site was about this very subject about six months ago or so. I swear I almost got lynched by some of the reply's people were giving me. I'm still of the opinion it works like Duke says it does.

I brought the same thing up on Dakka a few days ago and got the same reaction. You'd think the entire 40k community hates Eldar and Vibro Cannons or something.

Most people object to Eldar having anything vaguely threatening to their Marines. Sadly I'm still not convinced, as much as I would like it to be so. Vibro cannon operate as a battery, extra cannon do not cause more hits but up the strength, I can't see why it would be different against armour.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Occuli Imperator

Because that is exactly what it says it does.You have to realize that the first paragraph and the second paragraph are two different rules, one for infantry (first paragraph) and one for vehicles (second paragraph), you can't rule the second portion of what you feel the first portion is supposed to do.

"A target with an armor value hit by A vibro cannon (single cannon, not battery) always suffers a single glancing hit, do not roll for armor penetration." (Emphasis mine)

So, to clarify, if I have 3 vibro cannons that hit that is restated as "This vehicle has been hit by three single vibro cannons," Thus it would cause 3 glances.

Here is the point. All of the major TO's in the United states are using my definition because it is RAW, if you come to Feast of Blades, WargamesCon, Nova or Adepticon today this is how it is being played. (Make sure to always check FAQ's before attending an event to make sure ruling haven't changed). Eldargal, you're in the UK so you don't have to worry about us silly American TO's. but right now RAW says each cannon causes a glance if it hits.

why can't elder get some love!? lol
    Red text= mod voice

Did vibro cannons cause 3 glancing hits in the old 5e?

Quote Originally Posted by JMichael View Post
    Eldar Vibro-Cannon. First off, Artillery just got a lot tougher. Add a warlock with conceal (5++) and even more survivability.
    Rolls to hit, one d6/weapon in battery. Add a Warlock to boost BS of one shot from 3 to 4.
    Draw a straight line 36" in any direction from any of the weapons.
    It also auto-glances vehicles!

Imagine 2 Batteries of 2...can bring down a flyer/turn.
    Throw in Guide when you need it...get a good line up and hit multiple vehicles per turn.

Thoughts, ideas?
    You'll never be able to hit a Swooping/Zooming flyer with a Vibro Cannon, for two reasons.

Most importantly, it's Artillery, and you can never make a Snap Shot with Artillery. Since you can't make a Snap Shot, you can't shoot at a Swooping/Zooming flyer.

Secondly, you aren't making a BS resolution to-hit roll with the models under the line that are hit, so you can't hit a Swooping/Zooming flyer.

If the flyer is Gliding/Hovering, you can hit it as normal.

There's a thread about that very topic on this forum here: [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=22913[/url]

The first post has been edited to contain a compilation of all the discussion, so you can get the "executive summary" there. If you'd like detail, it's all there to read!

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Demonus View Post
    Did vibro cannons cause 3 glancing hits in the old 5e?
    They would have, If anyone used them.
    Red text= mod voice

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast