BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Librarian

I do believe that codex shooting rules would trump the rulebook. And if don't need to roll 6's because you never actually pick a target with Vibrocannons (you lay the line over friendly units and CC-this is specifically mentioned).

Vibrocannons do effect skimmers (states they interfere with their anti grav systems, which the flyers must have as well-to fly so slow and with their lack of proper wings and such).

Librarian

They effect skimmers, Sure. But unless a flyer is in Hover mode, it isn't a skimmer, and you have to snap-fire at it. Snap fire only allows weapons that roll to hit their targets. Blasts, templates, and any weapon that doesn't roll to hit cannot be fired.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by thecactusman17 View Post
    They effect skimmers, Sure. But unless a flyer is in Hover mode, it isn't a skimmer, and you have to snap-fire at it. Snap fire only allows weapons that roll to hit their targets. Blasts, templates, and any weapon that doesn't roll to hit cannot be fired.
    I disagree. You never actually target anything with the Vibro Cannons, but you do still roll too hit.
    Snap Shot just states that any weapon that does not require a BS roll cannot do a snapshot.

Vibro Cannons do need a BS roll to hit, but since they don't need to pick a target they don't snap shot and roll regular BS roll.

Regardless of the unit type, every unit the 36" line passes through are hit.

Librarian

All that being said. I wouldn't complain if they FAQ'd it so VibroCannons couldn't effect zooming flyers. But until then...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by JMichael View Post
    All that being said. I wouldn't complain if they FAQ'd it so VibroCannons couldn't effect zooming flyers. But until then...
    Don't worry - continuing GW/FW's recent history of completely ****ing over Eldar - this will be forthcoming. Until then, the vibrocannon's targeting rules do not abide by the normal shooting rules, and there is no rule that says that Flyers are exempt from the vibrocannon shot.

They don't work. You need to roll to hit each target with snap fire weapons, and vibro cannons only roll to hit once. At minimum, you would be rolling to hit on 6s if you were firing at aircraft.
    uhm no you dont it doesnt say anything close to that it says "the" target nothing is mentioned about multiple targets doesnt say it dont assume it does

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Vibro cannons have their own targeting rules. Codex trumps rulebook right?
    codex does trump rule book yes.. but ... one page says vibro canons are artillery another page says they are heavy weapons.. rule book says artillery can not snap fire so vibro canons can not be targeted at flyers however you can target another enemy unit in front of the flyer and when the line extends the flyer is hit as well.. and please spare me the line doesnt reach that high .. how do you know? no one has ever said the line lies along the ground and doesnt go above 1-2-3 feet high far as we know the line extends direct up to infinity 1 mm thick

you are partly correct.. any weapon that has no ballistic skill may not be fired... never says anything that doesnt roll to hit cannot be fired.. so please stop saying it that way .. doesnt really matter is there any weapon with a bs skill that doesnt roll to hit? (besides what we already established?)
    Last edited by rle68; 07-06-2012 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JMichael View Post
    I disagree. You never actually target anything with the Vibro Cannons, but you do still roll too hit.
    Snap Shot just states that any weapon that does not require a BS roll cannot do a snapshot.

Vibro Cannons do need a BS roll to hit, but since they don't need to pick a target they don't snap shot and roll regular BS roll.

Regardless of the unit type, every unit the 36" line passes through are hit.
    i agree with your intent but there are problems

1 snap shots are the only shots that can be fired at flyers.. 2. vibro canons can not snap shoot as they are listed as both artillery and heavy weapons one says yes the other no... but you can target another unit and as long as that line runs through a flyer its hit

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Don't worry - continuing GW/FW's recent history of completely ****ing over Eldar - this will be forthcoming. Until then, the vibrocannon's targeting rules do not abide by the normal shooting rules, and there is no rule that says that Flyers are exempt from the vibrocannon shot.
    100% agree

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast