BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I thought you could already order FW stuff through local stores?
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    What is plausible is a "deliver to my local store" option when ordering from FW.
    My guess is that FW product will need to get ordered for customers who want it, see it as mail order but for FW -which in turn makes me a happy panda-

Shas'o

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Nope, we can't. Although it would be sweet!!
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    You can access forgeworld.co.uk through the Order Points, but there's no "pay at till" option and it's home delivery only.

Veteran-Sergeant

Exclamation

Excellent, come on you Iron Hands! *crosses fingers and waits*
    ARMIES: IRON HANDS, NIGHT LORDS, OGRE KINGDOMS

First-Captain

Hey the ability to use Tetra's at tournaments, im all in.
    For the Greater good.

Chapter-Master

I have serious doubts about this rumour. As EG has already said, it would mean a masive increase in production which would take significant investment from GW. Look at FW's current output. They get a couple of models out a month, most of which they don't have the capacity to paint for promo shots and which are often variants on exisiting moulds or conversion kits for GW models. There is no way they have the capacity to supply enough models for a brand new codex. GW can barely support it's exisiting armies, which is why they have repeatedly said they aren't introducing new races. Can you imagine the outrage if they release Codex Salamanders and then drip feed a couple of models each month, like they do with Monstrous Arcana? And why do Codex Salamanders anyway? They follow the Codex Astartes and don't need a seperate codex, especially when those chapters which already have one aren't supported properly.

I can see them 'chapter approving' stuff for offical inclusion in 40K, but I doubt the rest of this rumour will pan out.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

- 6th edition means new era for 40k
    - FW products becoming "mainstream" rules wise. This means that there might be more people willing to invest in models they know they can use without serious arguing
    -

And you never know if GW/FW have indeed increased their production capabilities, acquired more 'machinery' (be that new or used) that FW can start to use.

Or they could be going for CAD & 3D printing / equivalent as a long term strategy, thus pressing the rules (that doesn't cost them anything) to maximise the usage of all of their products. (In a way to help to compensate the new investments)

As a hobby audience widens (Yup, we oldschool dudes + all the younglings that gets to know the game every year), so must their production capabilities on a long term strategy

GW aint gonna go bankrupt. But remember that USA is still recovering from the recession that did terrible things to their industry (both civilian and military contractors). Lots of new unemployed dudes and even cities are struggling against bankrupsy. (I saw a document from a town X (cant remember the name) where people were collecting money themselves to pay for even some police patrols)

And EU is in turmoil right now. One nation after another is rocketing towards bankrupsy, and to avoid that they need billions of euros to avoid that from other nations that are in only marginally better position themselves) (And in spain the unemployment rate for 20-30 year olds is nearing 50%)

So, times are bad. Only a relative few have the extra funds to pay for this relatively expensive hobby. But, times will get better, and its a financial fact that on dire times, those that have money will benefit from it the most. (Cheapest investments for example)

*crosses fingers* Mechanicus codex. Mechanicus codex!!!
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    There is no way they have the capacity to supply enough models for a brand new codex. GW can barely support it's exisiting armies, which is why they have repeatedly said they aren't introducing new races.
    Keep in mind that most of the 'dexs they've already done are heavily based around existing plastic kits (DKOK/renegades/Elysians using the guard's motorpool, Tyrant's army using guard and space marine models, corsairs based around Eldar etc). If they did a Salamanders 'dex, they'd release a Salamanders conversion kit, a special character or two and maybe a new weapon option for the Predator or something, not a whole new model range.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast