BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default your favorite special characters in 6th

anyone elses favorite character get the the big nerf treatment like im feeling with ragnar? honestly for his points and now less than average abilities i cant see taking him in very many games.... this makes me a saaaad wolf lord

anyone else feel this way about your favorite or most used character? or anyones favorite get alot better?

Librarian

Ghazkull Thraka, as he can no longer Run due to changes in Slow and Purposeful. Therefore ignoring the biggest part of his special "Waagh!" This basically requires a transport for him if you want his 225 point metal butt to go anywhere.

Edit: But Wazdakka Gutsmek got better, with his ability to snipe stuff after turboboosting on his Bike of the Aporkalypse and now he's just T6.
    Last edited by Mr.Pickelz; 07-06-2012 at 10:59 PM.

Abaddon the Despoiler, Scourge of the Imperium, Lord of the Black Legion...

can't figure out what to do with a Terminator.

ap3 daemon weapons suck.

Chapter-Master

Shrike's fleet rule isn't quite so useful now, but I'm in the camp that special characters should be fluffy without being stupidly OP, so I'm happy to see any of them get a nerf, particularly the one man army types.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Hmm, its probably requiring some FAQin, but how does Thrakas Waaagh relly work now?

Imo waagh gives fleet, and 'an automatic 6' for the roll.

And since fleet gives you a re-roll on the charge distance..

a) do you roll only 1d6 and add thrakas waagh +6 to the result?
    b) same with a, but you only get to reroll the d6?
    c) old thrakas waagh has no effect?
    d) something else entirely

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    Hmm, its probably requiring some FAQin, but how does Thrakas Waaagh relly work now?

Imo waagh gives fleet, and 'an automatic 6' for the roll.

And since fleet gives you a re-roll on the charge distance..

a) do you roll only 1d6 and add thrakas waagh +6 to the result?
    b) same with a, but you only get to reroll the d6?
    c) old thrakas waagh has no effect?
    d) something else entirely
    This has been buggin me too. they need to clear this up

Librarian

According to the FAQ, Thraka's Waagh! gives all the units with "Waagh!" an automatic 6 "If" they run, and you can no longer assault after running. Also, Ghazkull himself can't run because he's in Mega-Armour which gives him Slow and Purposefull, so any squad he's attached to can't use his Waagh!'s greatest ability.

Mephiston is pulling up a bar stool right next to Abbadon.

Chaplain

They sort of nerfed Imotekh when they FAQ'd him so his Seize the Initiative ability can only be rolled for when he's the warlord. I don't use him as I think he's too pricey and now he has to be the warlord in order to be worth his points. He plain and simple sucks but the Night Fighting is the only thing that makes him worth it.

My favorite SC right now is Anrakyr. Damn that guy is good and even better now. A warscythe, makes a squad of your Immortals basically veterans, takes over vehicles, and a Tachyon Arrow (attach a chronometron for added efficiency) and this guy just laughs in your face as he kicks it in. He's not OP and not perfect, but I love the guy. His taking over vehicles has helped me so much.

Edit: whoops, meant seize the initiative on a 4+ ability.
    Last edited by Black Hydra; 07-07-2012 at 03:40 PM.

Occuli Imperator

My favourite Character is Mephiston, he has some issues with the force sword now only being AP3, but I do not think that that is too much of an issue, he really goes terminator hunting, or other Sv 2+,

I think Tycho has become much more potent, he is one of the few characters to have an ignore armour rule and strikes at I,
    Last edited by Wolfshade; 07-10-2012 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Confusion between Dante & Tycho
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast