BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Draigo. He was one of the toughest (if not the toughest) beatstick characters in the game, pre-sixth, and beatstick characters got helped out significantly by the challenge rules. Similarly, Look out Sir! makes him pretty awesome in a unit of Paladins, able to suck up potentially all of the armour-punching, instant-death inflicting wounds the unit takes.

He was good and he got a little better. The army he let you bring was good, and it stayed good. I think he deserves mention as one of the top end special characters in the game. Also, he's awesome.

Darnath Lysander.

Because he's hard as diamond coated nails and swings with a matching hammer.

Also bolter drill and bolster defenses are great.

Now in 6E, his terminator armor is more worthwhile and my sternguard can bolterdrill at 24" on the move.

To the tune of Iron man; "I... Am... Lysander! Duh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuuuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh!"

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    I think Dante has become much more potent, he is one of the few characters to have an ignore armour rule and strikes at I,
    OK, maybe I'm being completely blind, but I can't find anything to this effect, either in the BA Codex, BRB or the FAQ.
    Can you please direct me to where I might find said rules, as they would come in very useful for me?

Also, Lemartes, on the charge. Brutal
    I : IX, I : XIV, II : DCLXVI

Occuli Imperator

I was having a moment, not Dante, but Tycho!
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by FireHazard View Post
    OK, maybe I'm being completely blind, but I can't find anything to this effect, either in the BA Codex, BRB or the FAQ.
    Can you please direct me to where I might find said rules, as they would come in very useful for me?

Also, Lemartes, on the charge. Brutal
    I think the OP intended to write Tycho, not Dante.

Veteran-Sergeant

Ah, all becomes clear

I do think Dante should be somewhat meaner though, given his fluff. A more impressive model wouldn't go amiss either...
    I : IX, I : XIV, II : DCLXVI

Brother-Captain

At least he's not left hanging like Ragnar. Poor guy's been in the same pose since Rogue Trader, perpetually wondering if he's ever going to get to use his retractable boot knives.

Tycho got a huge boost in usefulness although I think he belongs with sternguard...I guess he could come out of a LR or SR now with an assaulty unit...

i THINK they removed the line of seth not getting +1S from FC which makes him a nasty tank killer...

Lilith also keeps termy killing ability but she lost some usefulness with people swinging at the unit's WS instead of flat out attacking her...She should for the most part be able to kill anyone in a duel (not named the swarm lord or Lysander) but i think you will see more of her...

Drazhar also got a boost...he is by no means a person who can take a bunch of powerfists to the face but you can throw him into normal termies now (wouldnt do it to more than 5) and just sacrifice his retinue for anyone he doesnt kill with look out sirs...Also he can jump into Lightning claw termies now...

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    At least he's not left hanging like Ragnar. Poor guy's been in the same pose since Rogue Trader, perpetually wondering if he's ever going to get to use his retractable boot knives.
    Dont talk about old poses around tycho...

The new psychic powers have made the Swarmlord something to be truely feared. With four to trade in he can reliably get Iron Arm and a S9 T9 Swarmlord that still carves terminator armor is one hell of a beatstick.

Chapter-Master

I'm personallly liking Maugan Ra. The nerf to power weapons has really made all the PL's a bit more survivable. Thats about all though. :P

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast