BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Default Equivalent of Army Builder

Hey guys! Just getting back into the Hobby, and I was wondering if there is anything equivalent to Army Builder?

I would just subscribe again, but I don't have a job at the moment, and Army Builder won't let me manually upload new Files so that I can update my lists. It's very saddening, actually. Army Builder is so useful.

A second question I have, too, is if there is an Army Builder App? I have an iPhone and iPad (albeit older) that I absolutely love for browsing PDFs, so it would be doubly cool to make lists on it.

Lastly, if anyone else uses a tablet, what PDF browser do you find works best? I'm just using iBooks right now, and it can be pretty damn slow at times.

Thanks! Hope everyone is enjoying Sixth.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Xzarol View Post
    Hey guys! Just getting back into the Hobby, and I was wondering if there is anything equivalent to Army Builder?

I would just subscribe again, but I don't have a job at the moment, and Army Builder won't let me manually upload new Files so that I can update my lists. It's very saddening, actually. Army Builder is so useful.

A second question I have, too, is if there is an Army Builder App? I have an iPhone and iPad (albeit older) that I absolutely love for browsing PDFs, so it would be doubly cool to make lists on it.

Lastly, if anyone else uses a tablet, what PDF browser do you find works best? I'm just using iBooks right now, and it can be pretty damn slow at times.

Thanks! Hope everyone is enjoying Sixth.
    You can manually update the files from AB40k.org without having to pay for a subscription.

I use Adobe Reader for reading PDF's on my Xoom. Works great. Does Adobe not make a PDF reader for the iPad?

I use my Codex, paper and a pen...... Can't get cheaper than that!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Veteran-Sergeant

Try battlescribe, it takes a little work to get set up but seems to work pretty well.
    Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill, however nothing beats rolling all sixes.

Just to let you know, I recently submitted BattleScribe to the Apple Appstore for iPod and iPhone. It's going through the review process now and should become available soon.

There's already a version for Android phones/tablets/Kindle Fire in the Google Play and Amazon appstores.

Hope that helps.

Occuli Imperator

Battlescribe is a free alternative, or as someone else has suggested pen paper, or word processor/spreadsheet programme of your choice
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    You can manually update the files from AB40k.org without having to pay for a subscription.

I use Adobe Reader for reading PDF's on my Xoom. Works great. Does Adobe not make a PDF reader for the iPad?
    I just put the PDF files into iTunes and then put them into iBooks on the iPad. You can also download the FAQ's etc straight from the Internet and read them in iBooks.
    My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.

Chapter-Master

Paper and pen and codex is the most simple, cheapest, and easiest way of doing things. Unless you studied liberal arts and can't do math real good (see what I did there).

If you really want to type something up, just use excel or even word. I can't stand army builder format, it's practically unreadable. If your opponent wants to look at wargear or rules, that's what your codex is for. With armybuilder, I can't even tell how many units my opponent has taken, or how many models are in each unit. I can never tell if I missed a random unit of scouts or something buried in that mess somewhere.

I've never used battlescribe, so I can't say anything about that.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

sure, pen and paper is cheapest, but you need the codex already or at hand. I use Quartermast on my iPad and grabbed all the templates I needed from:

[URL="http://www.qmtemplates.com/"]http://www.qmtemplates.com/[/URL]

Works great, I even added a few of the Forge World models that were missing as you can edit the databases.

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Blusox69 View Post
    sure, pen and paper is cheapest, but you need the codex already or at hand
    If you don't have the codex you are doing it wrong.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast