BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 1 handed weapons

Maybe im just blind, but what indicates a weapon is 1 or 2 handed unless it is stated?

Is it just as seen on the model?

If so can I just model how i want? eg, heavy bolter in one hand.

Been playing a long time and i know they are held in 2 hands but where is the rule to enforce this?

One-handed/Two-handed ONLY affects Melee Weapons, unrelated to ranged weapons. In 5th, the rule was that any weapon not specifically called a 2-handed Weapon was 1-handed, don't know if that's changed.

This only affects how the weapon plays, though, you can model it however you please. Plenty of official minis feature 1-handed weapons being held in a 2-handed stance, for instance.

That being the case how do you decide what gives and extra attack, or is it just pistols

Chapter-Master

In the rulebook...

It states that if you have two CC weapons you get +1 attack. The exceptions are stated in rules for 'Two-Handed' or 'Special Weapon', which are clearly stated in the weapon profile.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Chapter-Master

One and two handed weapons is old-fashioned nomenclature from literally two editions ago. It's not really used anymore. There are still a few cases of two handed weapons (Relic Blades, for example), which prevent you from getting a +1A from 2ccw, but aside from a few specific cases you shouldn't be looking for anything on this subject because it isn't there.

6th ed uses a completely different system for deciding what gets +1A for 2ccw in assault, and there are no rules regarding ranged weapon here. Just read the rules, and don't bother trying to figure out what's one and two handed.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.