BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Guard Psychers-which order?

I can't seem to find this right now but to what order of psychers do Primaris and Psycher battle squads belong to? More to the point, what is the symbol of that order so I can paint it on a Primaris I'm making?
    (I'm away from my books at the moment, but don't remember seeing it there anyway-or I'm blind)
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Chaplain

I'm not sure they're generally a member of one specific order... some of them may be, particularly a Primaris, but I always got the impression that IG combat Psykers were overseen by the Commisariat. This is at least the case in some of the Gaunt's Ghosts novels, "Only in Death" springs to mind as an example. Not to mention the whole "It's for your Own Good" thing, which seems to point to Commissars at least outranking Primaris Psykers.

You just gave me a cool idea for a Psyker Battle squad, though... Literally in cages/chains, being lead by a Commisar.
    Proud Battlefleet Gothic evangelist. You got BFG questions? Just ask!
    Check out my fancy BoLS user blog for stories, ideas, and army lists!

Checked both the "Imperial Infantryman's uplifting primer" and "Imperial Munitorum manual. Neither provide an answer other then that "Psykers are the tools of the commanders to do with as they will".

It is also the duty of any Imperial Guardsman (not just Commissars) to "Shoot them down" if "they begin to behave strangely (outside of their normal strange behavior) or you see them without their normal guard compliment"

One assumes that they fall directly under the Regimental Commander.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Battle-Brother

I believe the symbol is typically a winged eye, or some variation of this: [URL="http://img14.imageshack.us/i/psyker.jpg/#q=primaris%20battle%20psyker"]Primaris Psyker[/URL]

They probably belong to the Adeptus Astra Telepathica which holds all of the Astropaths.

Quote Originally Posted by brominated View Post
    They probably belong to the Adeptus Astra Telepathica which holds all of the Astropaths.
    Unlikely, since the primaris psykers and sanctioned psykers are not astropaths.
    "You look at all this gunline and think: 'I could assault with this!'"
    "D*** it, Sam! Stop counting to such high numbers!"

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Unlikely, since the primaris psykers and sanctioned psykers are not astropaths.
    Nope,I'm nearly certain brominated is right. The Adeptus Astra Telepathica handles sanctioned psykers of all descriptions, the Astropaths are just the most well know branch and the one most frequently associated with them.
    Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
    The worst is death, and death will have his day.

Chaplain

Aren't they a branch of the military trained at the Scholastika Psykana? I thought it was like a Schola Progenium for psykers that turned out military Sanctioned Psykers. And according to the guard codex most Primaris psykers are just experienced former members of battle squads... or maybe battle squads are made up of cadet primaris psykers. It's not clear.

At any rate I thought they were just a specialized branch of the guard, like storm troopers or abhumans.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Kahoolin View Post
    Aren't they a branch of the military trained at the Scholastika Psykana? I thought it was like a Schola Progenium for psykers that turned out military Sanctioned Psykers. And according to the guard codex most Primaris psykers are just experienced former members of battle squads... or maybe battle squads are made up of cadet primaris psykers. It's not clear.

At any rate I thought they were just a specialized branch of the guard, like storm troopers or abhumans.
    Precisely, and the Scholastica Psykana falls under the auspices of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica.
    Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
    The worst is death, and death will have his day.