BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    First-Captain

Very nice army so far, well done
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Really great! My only surprise is that your traitor guardsmen still have their imperial eagles on their helmets.

Curious if you got IA13 and, if yes, which list variant you were thinking of using.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Spy_Smasher View Post
    Curious if you got IA13 and, if yes, which list variant you were thinking of using.
    Yep purchased IA13 over xmas and have played 3 games with it. At first I was fairly unimpressed with the renegades but then I started to play around a bit. I just played a game on the weekend where I managed to fit 85 infantry, a rapier laser battery, 6 tanks and 3 walkers into 1500 points. I had no flyers or anti-air which I have to adjust but the guy I was playing didn't have any flyers. It was basically a giant horde of manics and was a lot of fun to play. The marine player was actually pretty freaked out.

I ran the Arch-demagogue with level 2 Primaris witch upgrade and backed him up with two rogue psykers. Managed to toss out a squad of blood letters on 6 dice in the first turn to put me up to 95 screaming fanatics. Everything I have read says to play as a horde and after that game I've gota say it works. My opponent actually had a very shooty marine list but he had to focus on the 40 mutants bearing down on him led by 10 blood letters. My gun line just simply out-shot his. Can I say I would almost always pay for the upgrade on the chimeras to give them BS3 and and autocannon turrent. So worth it for a total of 70 points.

I've also played around with the bloody handed reaver commander but I can't seem to make a list that feels competitive but I feel there is one there, might only work at 1750pts+

At the moment I'm working on a list allied with Chaos marines. Take 40 mutants and throw in Covenant of Khorne, and enforcer with combat drugs and a dark apostle and you've got a very scary unit. Reroll hits first turn of any combat, reroll wounds and has rage on the charge and won't break until the apostle goes down. They die like flies but they're so cheap and they'll take the pressure off the big guns.

Let me know if you come up with something interesting yourself.

As for the imperial aquillas I remove the eagles on most models or at least gouge them out to taint them but as these guys were resin I was afraid of taking a big chunk out by accident.

- - - Updated - - -

Thought I'd add some pics to assist with the imagination

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Deployment.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	205.0 KB 
ID:	12369Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Down the Line.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	168.4 KB 
ID:	12370Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Charge.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	218.4 KB 
ID:	12371

You sir, are an inspiration to renegades and traitors everywhere. I too was less than terribly inspired by IA 13, until I really looked at aspects such as the Chaos Covenants. Now, I'm building my army around maximizing the effectiveness offered by the codex.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveisdvd View Post
    I've also played around with the bloody handed reaver commander but I can't seem to make a list that feels competitive but I feel there is one there, might only work at 1750pts+

At the moment I'm working on a list allied with Chaos marines. Take 40 mutants and throw in Covenant of Khorne, and enforcer with combat drugs and a dark apostle and you've got a very scary unit. Reroll hits first turn of any combat, reroll wounds and has rage on the charge and won't break until the apostle goes down. They die like flies but they're so cheap and they'll take the pressure off the big guns.

Let me know if you come up with something interesting yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Thought I'd add some pics to assist with the imagination

Name:	Deployment.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	205.0 KB 
ID:	12369Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Down the Line.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	168.4 KB 
ID:	12370Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Charge.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	218.4 KB 
ID:	12371
    This is the same chaos covenant I was interested in using. Please let us know how this works? It looks challenging.

Brother-Sergeant

Update...Shmupdate

So I have been working away on a few things. I recently decided I was sick of have no decent terrain, I usually rely on other ppl or the local gaming store. Lame I know but I fear it is the result of a transient lifestyle. At any rate I wanted to show people what's been going on and although terrain isn't part of my army I have designed stuff that fits with my colour theme. I'm going for a deathworld slum shack kind of theme. Think fallout I suppose. I bought some really great laser cut snap together card kits which have given me some awesome little extras to add detail to my buildings. Anyway pretty happy with the first batch.

Name:	Slum Housing Assembled.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	114.5 KB 
ID:	13046Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slum Housing Storm Shelter.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	192.2 KB 
ID:	13047Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slum Housing Painted Group.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	125.6 KB 
ID:	13048Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slum Housing Painted 1.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	171.6 KB 
ID:	13049Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slum Housing Painted 2.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	159.4 KB 
ID:	13050Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slum Housing Painted 3.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	149.8 KB 
ID:	13051

- - - Updated - - -

...and here are my magnetised Russ tanks and my progress on my 40 (sigh) mutants...

Name:	Magnetic Russ Demolishers.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	191.2 KB 
ID:	13052Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Magnetic Russ Executioners.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	202.9 KB 
ID:	13053Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Magnetic Russ Punishers.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	200.8 KB 
ID:	13054Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mutants Base Colours.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	285.3 KB 
ID:	13055
    BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD - SKULLS FOR KHORNE

Are those mutants WH Beastmen? It's hard to see much detail.

Brother-Sergeant

Yes Bosco, they are, with only some minor modifications. They do the job

Brother-Sergeant

Some more new buildings and terrain. Finally finished a table worth.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Concept design for post.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	138.3 KB 
ID:	13575Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Finished butchers for posting.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	179.6 KB 
ID:	13576

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast