BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Shooting at skimmers

Hey all, i was reading the new rulebook, and under skyfire it says: ""... Fires using its own bs when Shooting at flyers, flying mc's and skimmers. This would seem to imply that units without skyfire fire in a different way at skimmers. However, i cant find anything regarding this under the vehicles- skimmers section of the rulebook. Does anyone know more of this? Thanks in advance

Veteran-Sergeant

No, shoot at skimmers the same as with other vehicles.

The mention of skimmers is because a Skyfire models are all AA mounted, and can onlyl snap shoot at non-skyward enemies. Clearly though, hovering a meter or two off the ground is totally same as being a supersonic jet fighter.

skimmers dont get their jink save, if shot by units with skyfire

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Encarmine View Post
    skimmers dont get their jink save, if shot by units with skyfire
    Where did you see that? It's not under the Skyfire rules or jink rules.

Chapter-Master

I think he's confusing skyfire with the Hydra's rules. Hydras ignore skimmer cover saves, and have skyfire, but those are two different things.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Librarian

Ahh, the Hydra. Glad? They added the no jink save from Hyrda in the FAQ (me=Eldar).
    Sure hope GW will make a Hydra model now!

Quote Originally Posted by JMichael View Post
    Ahh, the Hydra. Glad? They added the no jink save from Hyrda in the FAQ (me=Eldar).
    Sure hope GW will make a Hydra model now!
    forgeworld does but i dont like it.. take a chimera and a aegis defense line voila hydra flak tank not the best option but still

Chapter-Master

Yeah, the Hydra's useless if your opponent doesn't take a flyer. And since it's relatively fragile, it's a big priority target if your opponent does take one. Which means you have to take a couple, which means you're spending a lot more points to counter a unit your opponent may not have, which turns the whole exercise into a vicious cycle.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.