BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Warmachine Battle Report - Cygnar vs. Cryx - 35 pts - PICS

It’s time again for another battle report, this time pitting Jamar’s Cryx against Beau’s Cygnar.

Beau’s List:

EHaley
    Centurion
    Lancer
    Storm Strider
    Max. Sword Knights
    Aiyana & Holt
    Journeyman Warcaster
    Arlan Strangeways
    Storm Smith

Jamar’s List:

EDeneghra
    Nightmare
    Defiler x 2
    Max. Bane Knights
    Min. Bile Thralls
    Skarlock
    Gorman Di Wulfe
    Ragman

Deployment: Beau won the roll off and opted to go first, deploying from top to bottom: Storm Smith, Sword Knights, Haley, Storm Strider, Centurion, Aiyanna & Holt, Lancer, Strangeways and the Journeyman. Next Jamar deployed: Bane Knights, Defiler, Bile Thralls, Nightmare, Skarlock, Defiler, Gorman, Deneghra and the Ragman.

The scenario for this game was Incursion, in which three flags (the empty 40mm bases) are centered down the middle of the board and one disappears at the end of the first round. At the end of each turn a player scores a point for each of the remaining flags they control and the first to 3 points wins. The hedges provide concealment. The Centurion was bonded to Haley (gets +2″ of movement and can be allocated an additional focus) and the Lancer was Nightmare’s Prey.

[url]http://www.thediceabide.com/?p=6080[/url]

I REALLY like that eDenny list... I've always been surprised that more people didn't take Bane Knights since their native ARM 16 helps their survivability a lot and Ghostly is huge for mitigating terrain - let alone Reach and Vengeance. I think using Ragman closer to the Bane Knights would be brilliant as it would let them be like Bane Thralls but better.

Great report!

http://steam-poweredgamer.blogspot.com

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it.