BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    Who all in IG can? I haven't had a ton of time to look at all the changes yet.
    Everyone who's a sergeant or better. Dual Plasma pistols at that. Every Squad could have a dual plasma pistolier

Edit: holy **** I might just have to do that Space wolf army.
    Last edited by gendoikari87; 07-09-2012 at 02:57 PM.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

I kind of like this idea but only Space Wolves seem like they could make this the main theme of the army. I thought up of a quick army list representing what you could do with a gunslinger list and honestly as a drop pod army it seems nasty but not too competitive of course (but the point is to be crazy!). Pretty much it takes advantage of preferred enemy for shooting and wounding for every squad while still being amazing at receiving a charge (19 plasma pistol shots for overwatch and 40 attacks in cc all with preferred enemy anyone?). Of course the plaslingers can't deal with armor 14 that well but thats what the suicide squads of combi meltas are for. Check out this awesome list for 2k

Logan 275pts

Wolf Priest 115pts
    w/ Plasma Pistol

Wolf Priest 115pts
    w/ Plasma Pistol

8 Wolf Guard 304pts
    w/ 2 Plasma Pistols each, Drop Pod

9 Wolf Guard 342pts

9 Wolf Guard 342pts

5 Wolf Guard 150pts
    w/ 5 Combi-meltas, Drop Pod

5 Wolf Guard 150pts
    w/ 5 Combi-meltas, Drop Pod

5 Long Fangs 115pts
    w/ 4 Missile Launchers

4 Long Fangs 90pts
    w/ 3 Missile Launchers

You could switch out the wolf priests with rune priests as support characters for better rerolls to hit by taking the Primaris power of Divination but you give up rerolling 1's to wound for more consistent shooting for any target. Idk I would suggest a wolf priest for good psychic defense too and also for a chance for getting foreboding, misfortune, or perfect timing depending on what you need.

Eldar can field Dual Pistol carrying Storm Guardians.

But those would be Las Pistols and we are talking Eldar Guardians.

But for 960 points you can get 120 of them.

They might look cool but they would not be all that good.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by L192837465 View Post
    Sisters of Battle. Seraphim all have dual pistols, hand flamers, or meltas. They're pretty good now, to boot!
    As well as Cannoness can have twin Inferno or PP, Priests and all Superiors can dual wield PP.....except Seraphim superior for some reason...Seraphim are inferno pistols as well

Shas'o

If you could get a good tutorial on how to make Tau pistols (I've seen some good ones out there.) then you could make a whole army of gunslingers. I've had this idea for my Farsight army for some time now.

Stealth suits- Regular Fire warriors with with jump packs and dual pistols. They carry burst cannons that are assault 3, and if anyone ask where the third shot comes from I was planning on putting on a shoulder mounted gun, Predator style.

Fire Warriors- Dual pistols representing a pulse rifle shooting rapid fire, and the one long shot they take more aim. (Hell if you start playing them this way they're BS won't seem bad at all.)
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Black Hydra View Post
    Dude, that is so cool. PM when it comes back up or when you copy them over to HB rules section. Having a veteran Tau army with actual close combat units sounds pretty awesome and your dual wielding Tau unit seems like the perfect base.

Thanks in advance.
    Finally found them on Tau Online (wow, that was a while back) and now in Homebrew [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?p=216705#post216705"]here[/URL]. I also added another favorite of mine, but it's not a part of this thread.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    Ohhh. So any model with two pistols automatically gets "Gunslinger?"
    yes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123