BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Wound Allocation Guide for 6th Edition

Please tear this up if you see something incorrect. I am trying to make a guide to have at the table to help speed up wound allocations.

Remember that one "Look Out, Sir!" can be made per wound allocated (p16).

This is based off of Crazy Dave's explanation of wounds that seems to be quite comprehensive. His explanation can be found [URL="http://fortykwc.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/168-wound-allocation/page__st__40"]here[/URL].

Step 3, I believe the look out sir may be done once for every wound not just once per round. That's why many cry that paladins, ork bikers and other of the type are still "kinda" getting the wound allocation without losing a model with 2 wounds allocating using the look out sir rule.

which step three were you referring to? I believe for both same and different saves they both have that a "Look Out, Sir!" can be done for each allocated wound. Kinda broke imho...

First one, sorry. and yes, it is per wound. So lets say you have a squad with an IC in front getting hit with 4 wounds. You can do 4 x look out sir if you want to unless the IC dies first.

Default Nobs etc are not units of characters.

Show me the rules where it states a unit of nobs is a unit of characters. No way. No look out sir for them.

When my Wolf Guard leaves the unit to join a squad of Grey Hunters, HE becomes a character. But if he is in his unit of Wolf Guard, he is not.

Look out sirs with multple wound models should not be spread out among multile models. Once a model begins taking wounds, wounds continue to be allocated to that model until he is dead.

page 413, the reference section

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Tabletop Warrior View Post
    Show me the rules where it states a unit of nobs is a unit of characters. No way. No look out sir for them.

When my Wolf Guard leaves the unit to join a squad of Grey Hunters, HE becomes a character. But if he is in his unit of Wolf Guard, he is not.

Look out sirs with multple wound models should not be spread out among multile models. Once a model begins taking wounds, wounds continue to be allocated to that model until he is dead.
    The reference section on page 413 will tell you all you need to know about who is a character.

Nobs, Paladins, and Wolf Guard are indeed characters. Re-read the FAQ for Space wolves, they clarify that he is still a character when he joins a unit. The reason for this is because the wording of the space wolves codex is old enough that it needed to be updated for 6th ed. The wolf guard is a character in a unit of WG or when attached to another unit.

Now, for those units that are all characters the front model does indeed continue to take wounds until dead. BUT, for each wound (or unsaved in the case of all the same save) if the front model is a character they can use 'Look out, sir' for each wound.

Do I think Nobs, Pallies, and Puppies should be able to spread the love? No. But that won't stop my opponents from doing it, and I just have to continue shooting them until they all die.

Looks good, though you might want to add in some quick-rolling advice, as well--how to lump wounds into acceptable groups that can be rolled all at once (which is still possible, even with multi-save units).

Chapter-Master

Don't forget quickrolling Look Out Sir, as well. There are some intricacies there.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Could someone please post where in the rulebook it says you need to take your lookout sir rolls before rolling any relevant saves if you have a mixed save unit. As far as I can tell, you make your lookout sir rolls after you make any relevant saves.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast