BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Blacksun Filters and Tau Gear (in general)

So question, I have seen multiple posts where people say you give the Tau Broadside Teamlead an Automated Stabiliziation System and all members of his team get the benefit. Does something similar apply to giving the Shas'ui in a Firewarrior Team a Blacksun Filter? Do all the members of his Firewarrior team gain the benefit? Otherwise I guess the Shas'ui can ignore Nightfighting but his team cannot I suppose.

I thought it only applied to IC's joining a unit but a lot of people online seem to treat it as the character as well.
    Last edited by herigonz; 07-11-2012 at 09:59 AM.

Brother-Captain

As far as I can tell, if anyone in the unit has a Blacksun Filter, it benefits the whole squad.

Check the wording of the USRs in the rulebook. Any one which contains the wording "a unit which contains at least one model with this special rule" is shared between ICs attached to squads, or models within the squad.

BSFs grant Night Vision, Stabilizers grant Slow and Purposeful. Do those USRs contain the quoted wording above?
    Last edited by Straylight; 07-11-2012 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Really, BoLS? You censor the abbreviation of Advanced Stabilizer System? Seriously?