BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default Skies of Blood + Zooming

Lots of new-edition-questions coming through here today. I've got a couple myself.

So, the Stormraven is now a flier. How does this interact with Skies of Blood? Can a zooming Stormraven still air-drop jump infantry?

And, while I'm at it, am I correct in believing that while flyers must start in reserve, but hovering flyers can start deployed?

Thanks.

The storm raven can still drop it's content using it's special rules.

Hovering flyers start in reserve also. The rule mentions the flyer type itself. storm ravens, vandetas, scythes ect... not skimmers. It has nothing to do with zooming or hovering. Some will say read the hovering part and it says treat exactly as a skimmer. It just says this for all purposes of moving ion the table, attacking and being attacked. Not for deployment.
    Last edited by xilton; 07-11-2012 at 09:10 AM.

A Stormraven is a Flyer that also happens to have the ability to Hover, so it has to start in Reserve. And Skies of Blood still works as before, and allows you to deploy while Zooming.

Chapter-Master

you can declare hovering when entering the board, but as a flyer MUST start in reserve.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Deep Strike in Hovering mode.

You moved less than 6" (but in the cruising speed class) so you can disembark your passengers right?

If you move 12" or less (obvously only in hover mode), you can use the assault ramp, anything more then 12" move no matter what type it is, it's the skies of blood rule.

Quote Originally Posted by karlthepagan View Post
    Deep Strike in Hovering mode.

You moved less than 6" (but in the cruising speed class) so you can disembark your passengers right?
    Alternatively, you could always Zoom (or hover) in from the board edge. it makes you far less susceptible to other things shooting at you, and doesn't really affect your ability to shoot and hit things all that much.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by xilton View Post
    If you move 12" or less (obvously only in hover mode), you can use the assault ramp, anything more then 12" move no matter what type it is, it's the skies of blood rule.
    You can only disembark if you move up to 6" I'm afraid. Doesn't matter if you're fast/skimmer/open topped etc.
    Anything more and it's skies of blood. The assault vehicle rules just means you can assault after getting out even though it isn't open topped!

Deep striking vehicles count as moving at cruising speed, so I don't believe they can get out. Only vehicles you can get out of are things such as drop pods or with other special rules. (eg Necron flyer).
    Last edited by EnglishInquisition; 07-11-2012 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishInquisition View Post
    You can only disembark if you move up to 6" I'm afraid. Doesn't matter if you're fast/skimmer/open topped etc.
    Anything more and it's skies of blood. The assault vehicle rules just means you can assault after getting out even though it isn't open topped!

oups yea sorry. had 5th in mind. you still have that 6" so it comes to about the same distance overall as 5th. move 6, disembark 6, charge 2d6.

Chapter-Master

hmmm...
    the disembarking while deep striking seems to be debatable.

The rules state that the vehicle is moving cruising speed.
    However, it also states that units may disembark.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast