Quote Originally Posted by Tetsugaku View Post
Of you're definitely right about the share of the market - but those numbers don't tell the whole story, in fact they're positively misleading. As I go into in the main article there are a lot more reasons why IOS users are more likely to make the purchase than Android users, the marketplace, the accounts, the one click purchasing (linked to the credit cards), frankly IOS users are more likely to have a larger disposable income.
(Almost) All android users have a Google Play account. Furthermore, content can be purchased from the web store on the PC and is immediately available on all android devices. "One click" perhaps its not, but its very very fast - and yes, the Play Store is linked to my credit card. I buy movies, books, music, magazines and apps all through the Play store with my credit card, or Google Wallet, or Carrier Billing. Its actually a lot harder to buy something from Amazon on my mobile devices than it is from the Play Store.

As for "who would want to read a codex on their phone" question is quite simply the myopic, anti-options, closed-ecosystem mentality of a iOS drone. Just because YOU can't see a reason for it, doesn't mean there isn't someone out there that would like that option.

Plus, I agree that I wouldn't want to read a codex on the postage stamp sized screen of the iPhone (even the new one that supposedly has a still inferior-sized screen).

On my Gnex however - I read kindle books all the time when I don't have my tablet handy (which conveniently synchs with my other devices automatically so I don't have to "catch up" on my tablet later).

As for the issues that the OP had on his website regarding the "issues" with developing for Android. Many of them have been debunked on other sites that aren't as skewed towards the Apple koolaid. Some of them are past complaints that have been antiquated due to developments in the ecosystem.

Ok so its possible to NOT have a google play account or even a google account to use an android device and still retain a lot of functionality.