BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Path of the Outcast

So, Path of the Outcast is coming out in two months, and everytime I think about it I feel a little panicky that Thirianna might not survive. Even though I think she will based on what is happening with the battles in the Craftworld.

Anyone else eagerly awaiting it?
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I am, it looks epic!
    Loving the series so far.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Very excited, this series has got much much better. Warrior was a bit meh, and Seer was great
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Brother-Captain

Rangers are something we've seen very little of in the fluff when it comes to what they get up to, so I really look forward to that.

One of the things I'm really looking forward to and hope we get to see is the part of the Harlequins in all of this. who doesn't just love to see the Harlequins going about their fancy-killy-business?

I actually preferred Path of the Scorpion a lot more to Path of the Seer. Thirianna's progression felt a bit rushed to me, whereas with Korlandril he seemed to do a good job of making it seem like a longer period and it all seemed to flow a bit better. Still, I enjoyed them both and I look forward to the end. One thing I hope he doesn't do is actually make the part in Thirianna's vision where she sees a downed Phantom Titan come true. I don't see how they Imperials could possibly bring one down, and given how much Path of the Seer goes on about how visions are constantly changing as things take place, I'd like to think he wouldn't pull the: 'Ah, I am now seeing the exact scene I saw back then!' thing, but instead change it drastically to emphasise the difference their actions made upon the future.

That's a fantastic cover.
    Dark Eldar 4000pts, Eldar 2000pts, Dark Angels 2500pts, Tau 2000pts.

I've just started reading Path of the Warrior again, good times!

I felt both books where rushed. Eldar live for thousands of years and follow many paths. To go from a sculpter to Karandras in a single book seemed a little much to me. I am perhaps being overly critical here. It was very nice to read about a race other than imperial for a change. Both where well thought out and I love the way you learn more about the the first book in the secound. Really looking foreward to the third just so I can learn more about Korlandril and Thirianne!

We don't actually know how much time transpired in the books, though, nor do we know how long Eldar usually take to swap paths so it's all a bit vague.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I can sympathise quite a lot with Korlandril in the early stages of the book, the point up to where he becomes a Scorpion.
    Unfortunately I've never had a vent for my anger. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Bob821 View Post
    I felt both books where rushed. Eldar live for thousands of years and follow many paths. To go from DELETED in a single book seemed a little much to me.
    Dude, that's like the biggest spoiler ever for anyone who hasn't read the book, be considerate please.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast