BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Angry Dark Eldar facing 2+ Sv

Hi all,

With 6th edition, GW has made agonisers become ap3, so I do wondered how DE gonna deal with any units that have 2+ Sv like Terminators?

I cannot think of anything about close combat except Talos or Cronos, even Vect's Scapter become power maul AP4!! Do you believe that!?

In shooting, it's disintegrator cannon, anything else?

Shooting-wise, the Lance weapons serve well, S8 AP2 Close Combat AP2 is now limited to Demiklaives, Talos/Cronos, Razorwing Swarms and Power Axes, I think.

Bringing in some Eldar/Corsairs/Tau as battlebrothers can open up some fun AP2 options as well.

Librarian

Rending is going to work very well. Harlequins and Razorwing Flocks should be your go-to anti-terminator units for close combat.

But by far the best way to deal with heavy armor is the same way we used to do it: throw bucket loads of dice at them in the shooting phase until they die. Works like a charm every time. With the ability now to take allied units of Farseers, this is easier for us than ever before. A 20-model unit of Warriors with splinter rifles will put 10-20 wounds on your average enemy infantry, more if you have Duke Sliscus giving the unit 3+ poison, and more still if a Farseer casts Guide on them and Doom on a critical opponent. Even better, cast the Divination spell that causes your opponent to reroll armor saves, effectively doubling your wound totals against most terminators.

Also, Ravagers with Disintegrators. I think we're gonna be seeing fewer vehicles anyway so probably less need for Lances.

Scout

Or even better, take a Farseer and Doom those terminators before shooting them with the Duke warriors. Nasty nasty combination with the Battlebrother ally.

Brother-Sergeant

Feel free to correct me but I don't think Vect's Sceptre counts as a power maul because the Sceptre has it's own rules I believe it counts as an 'Unusual Power Weapon', p61. The same also applies to to any other power weapon that has it's own special rules rules e.g. Agonisers, Dijn blades etc...

Things that are good, Lelith Hesperax attacks and wounds caused from Duke Sliscus's the Serpents Bite that scored 5+ also ignore armour saves. Like thecactusman17 says anything with the Rending rule will be useful. Go finecast Razorwings! (hopefully they won't be direct only from Games Workshop)

If you want to mix-up what power weapons you can have the following units can take bog standard power weapons such power swords, axes, mauls and lances:

• Archon
    • Succubus
    • Haemonculus
    • Harlequin Troupe Master
    • Kabalite Trueborn Dracon
    • Hekatrix Bloodbride Syren
    • Kabalite Warrior Sybarite
    • Wych Hekatrix
    • Hellion Helliarch
    • Scourge Solarite
    • Beastmaster (well at least one can be armed with power weapon)
    • Reaver Arena Champion

Combos that sound fun is giving Haemonculus a power axe (since he strikes slowest out of this list), Scourge Solarites, Reaver Arena Champions, Hellion Helliarchs and maybe even Trueborn Dracons can benefit from power lances especially Harlequin Troupe Masters who can strike at Strength 5 combining with furious charge. I'm sure there's more combo ideas out there (especially with the Archon and Succubus) that taken advantage. :-)
    Last edited by Ulthwé Guardian; 07-13-2012 at 03:08 AM.

I actually think DE are unqiue able to deal with 2+ save models better then any other army out there. There are a slew of different ap1 and ap2 shooting weapons thoughout the DE book, as well as a few close combat one. You also have some of the cheapest inv save wielding units to tarpit with. Smile and bask in the glory that will be DE vs Deathstars.

Agreed, take TH/SS terminators for example. No ranged weapon, so no overwatch. All your girls should make it into CC where they have a 50% chance of ignoring wounds. Sure the terminators have a 66% chance of ignoring wounds but they cost a heck a lot more and while they are slowly grinding through your wyches (assuming you can't kill a few of them) they aren't eating through your more fragile units.

200 points of TH/SS terminators against 200 points of Wyches and Succubus.

8 wyches charging TH/SS terminators (no hydra gauntlets)

24 attacks/12 hits/4 wounds/1.32/.64 unsaved wounds

Hekatrix with power axe
    4 attacks/2 hits/1 wound/.33 unsaved wounds

Succubus with power axe
    6 attacks/4 hits/2 wounds/.66 unsaved wounds.

Total: 1.63 unsaved wounds

In return four Th/SS terminators:
    8 attacks/4 hits/3.2 wounds/1.6 unsaved wounds.

Total: 1.6 unsaved wounds

Next turn:
    7 wyches no charge.
    14 attacks/7 hits/2.33 wounds/.37 unsaved wounds

Hekatrix
    3 attacks/1.5 hits/.75 wounds/.25 unsaved wounds

Succubus:
    5 attacks/3.3 hits/1.65 wounds/.54 unsaved wounds

Total: 1.16 unsaved wounds

3 terminators:
    6 attacks/3 hits/2.4 wounds/1.2 unsaved wounds.

Total: 1.2 unsaved wounds

Through attrition the Wyches will win, assuming you roll averages and assuming no combat drugs (most of which will help, especially the re-roll to wound) and assuming no pain tokens.

Also assuming my maths are right, bit slow this morning.

Personally though if I were going to charge wyches into TH/SS terminators I would want to try and kill at least one with shooting before hand. Perhaps give the succubusbus a disintegrator cannon for a shot at killing one and try and don't forget to shoot pistols into them.
    Last edited by eldargal; 07-13-2012 at 03:47 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

You say that... Terminators still pasted my Wraiths when, by rights, the Wraiths should have won.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Pfft, wraiths...

So a disintegrator cannon inflicts an average of .66 wounds on a TH/SS, combined with splinter fire from the wyches and succubus (I'd say give the succubus a blast pistol but getting her within 6" to fire it may be awkward)

10 splinter shots/6.6 hits/3.3 wounds/.52 unsaved wounds.

So with a bit of luck you might kill another one before you start.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast