BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chaos icons

Veteran-Sergeant

Default chaos icons

hey guys.
    My chaos codex that i leant out to my cousin got tippex spilt all over it, but mostly on the marks of chaos bit. while my cousin tried to get it off it made it worse, making it impossible to see the entry. so, my question is: what do the marks of chaos do???

Quote Originally Posted by commissar camenzuli View Post
    hey guys.
    My chaos codex that i leant out to my cousin got tippex spilt all over it, but mostly on the marks of chaos bit. while my cousin tried to get it off it made it worse, making it impossible to see the entry. so, my question is: what do the marks of chaos do???
    They give you the right to take $33 from your cousin.

Seriously though, I have no idea. I don't play Chaos.

Veteran-Sergeant

the one problem is my cousin is a stubborn, annoying git who refuses to admit he did anything wrong and wont pay me.

Quote Originally Posted by commissar camenzuli View Post
    the one problem is my cousin is a stubborn, annoying git who refuses to admit he did anything wrong and wont pay me.
    Yeah, Stubborn means he rolls his morale checks at Leader 10. I can see where he would be tough to intimidate into paying you your money back.

Have you considered Infiltrating his house and getting your money that way?

Mark of Khorne: +1 Attack
    Nurgle: +1 Toughness
    Slaanesh: +1 Initiative
    Tzeentch: Improves the model's Inv. Save by 1 (Terminators turn their 5++ into a 4++). If the model didn't have an Inv. Save, the M.o.T. gives it a 5+.

Veteran-Sergeant

tah very much fella!!!

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    Mark of Khorne: +1 Attack
    Nurgle: +1 Toughness
    Slaanesh: +1 Initiative
    Tzeentch: Improves the model's Inv. Save by 1 (Terminators turn their 5++ into a 4++). If the model didn't have an Inv. Save, the M.o.T. gives it a 5+.
    Don't Forget! Mark of Tzeentch also increases the mastery level by one for psykers only.
    You also forgot the Chaos Glory (unaligned) mark, which allows the unit to reroll failed Leadership tests.

Veteran-Sergeant

you guys have been a great bhelp. and lol to the guy with the stubborn and infiltrate joke. really made me chuckle!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by SacredChao View Post
    Don't Forget! Mark of Tzeentch also increases the mastery level by one for psykers only.
    You also forgot the Chaos Glory (unaligned) mark, which allows the unit to reroll failed Leadership tests.
    where do you see this? i looked through the faq and couldnt find... i thought mark of tzeentch just let you choose another power... not give you another charge point thing

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarcissist View Post
    where do you see this? i looked through the faq and couldnt find... i thought mark of tzeentch just let you choose another power... not give you another charge point thing
    In the first paragraph of the Psychic Power page [edit: in the Chaos Space Marine Book], it describes that most psykers use 1 per turn, but a Psyker with the Mark of Tzeentch can use two.

Then referring to the BRB, it goes to describe that for an older codex that does not use mastery levels, the mastery level (unless otherwise stated) is the number of powers a psyker can use per turn.

Thus, Tzeentch = Mastery(2) for psykers. This incidentally includes the Thousand Suns Aspiring Sorcerer, who can generate 2 warp charges, but can ever have 1 power from the book (due to the Chaos choosing thingy in the FAQ), though that allows him to use the 2 Warp Charge powers too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast