BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: chaos icons

Veteran-Sergeant

i didnt know that
    anything else i should know???

Chapter-Master

Yeah. I've always been told never to eat yellow snow.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

...and stay away from brown.

Also Ahriman is not Mastery Level 4.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by RGilbert26 View Post
    ...and stay away from brown.

Also Ahriman is not Mastery Level 4.
    I'm hoping that will change in the next book.... Also him replacing 5 of his powers for only 3 from the BRB And him being far too expensive point wise.... Although I'm comforted that no one else got Mastery 4, not even Eldrad, and that he just might be the first to reach that.

If Eldrad isn't even Mastery Level 4 then I highly doubt they will make Ahriman 4. FAQ states he is M3.

Librarian

The Chaos Marks which a unit has already or a Character model or Daemon Prince can purchase can never be lose, however should the icon bearer be killed the unit loses the benefit of the Chaos Mark. In close combat, this means the next initiative phase you will lose the benefit of the +1 tgh, or 5+ invul save, etc. In shooting, the next enemy unit to shoot you will hit you easier if your Nurgle icon is killed,

Icons even personal icons can be used to guide Terminators, Obliterators, and Summoned Lesser Daemons ONLY. This has been FAQd and is in the Codex under the icons section which you can not read due to the liquid paper/ correciton fluid/ white-out/ tepex. What does this mean to you? Allies such as Chaos Daemons from Codex Daemons, Forge World Dreadclaw Assault Pods and your deep striking Raptors cannot benefit from your icons.

I found this out using Epedemius and Plague Bearers to supliment my Plague Marine and Nurgle based army recently. He even had to come in later as I only took 1 Daemon unit (Epedemius a 5 Plague Bearers) so i rolled badly and he came in as my reserves. I now take 2 daemon units with icons and an Aegius Defence Line with a Comms Relay to ensure I get him in on 1st or 2nd turn.
    Last edited by Daemonette666; 07-16-2012 at 04:25 AM.
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12