BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default my high elf lord on a dragon.

this is my favorite miniature and in my opinion my best painted. ytell me what you think and where i might increase my efforts for later miniatures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-07-13%2001_46_30.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	140.7 KB 
ID:	2232  

Chapter-Master

not a bad start

all the colours seem to be in the lines and reasonably smooth. as for the individual areas: (a better photo would be nice)
    -for the dragons flesh: this seems really... messy? for painting large areas like that its always good to have a single solid layer, then say a drybrush and then a wash! not too difficult and produces nice results!
    -the elf lord looks noot to shabby so a few washes and highlights for definition would be quite good!
    -for the base (which lets the mini down a bit) id put some shading on the rocks and try to use some flock, and get rid of the awful luminous green! base edges should be black and use some flock for the actual base (GW stuff is overpriced but the cheapest flock ive found is (if you dont mind snowy bases) bicarbonate of soda mixed with white paint and PVA!

i hope this helps! and remember, even really good painters started out terrible! we all just need practice and to push ourselves cmon is good insparation (some nsfw stuff there occasionaly)
    ([URL="http://www.coolminiornot.com/top"]http://www.coolminiornot.com/top[/URL]

-fuzz

p.s. just noticed that natakan is taking up most of the top 10, hes often around on the fourms here so id reckon hes quite good for painting advice :P
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Veteran-Sergeant

thanks for the feedback. i've already begun repainting him. that messy look on the body was due t oa mistake i made early when i painted him the first time. his used to be all white. i didn't like it so i cheated and used a ton of ink wash.

Veteran-Sergeant

Default repainted.

sorry about the crappy pictures but all i got is my ps vita. any how repaint the dragon and base tell me what you think. i have a little bit of a back story concerning this guy and his base decorations. it's right smack dab in the middle of fight and he arrives on his stone overtop a dead human ally the elf sees the battle in the distance and he and his mount take off to cause havoc. (just a little backstory...)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-07-31-185715.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	2294   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-07-31-185752.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	2295   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-07-31-185801.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	2296   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-07-31-185840.jpg 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	2297   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-07-31-185907.jpg 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	2298  

Chapter-Master

yeah thats much better good job!
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Veteran-Sergeant

thank you.