BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Hey one of the reasons I got into fantasty was the dwarf army - if GW release a squat army, I would so be bying - I would love to paint and play with a space dwarf themed army, and just thinking of the way it would work...my mind is spinning - I think its a great opportunity for gw to do what they want to with dwarves in fantasty -that makes more sense in space: lots of machinery - lots of mech and tech. They'd be a T4 army with 3 armour, have a bs of 3, but of lots of twin linked shooting. They'd have great armour piercing options, big hammers, relentless weaponry, armour 12 walkers, some sort of stunty drop pods...do many cool possiblies...
    and man i hope its not a cruel joke - but with the little gobbo on the back in an alien suit it probably is.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Battle-Brother

Or just do what I'm doing. Give the current fantasy dwarfs guns and gear and us Codex: Space Wolves for rules. Hell, they both have the whole Nordic feel to them...

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Azaghul View Post
    Hey one of the reasons I got into fantasty was the dwarf army - if GW release a squat army, I would so be bying - I would love to paint and play with a space dwarf themed army, and just thinking of the way it would work...my mind is spinning - I think its a great opportunity for gw to do what they want to with dwarves in fantasty -that makes more sense in space: lots of machinery - lots of mech and tech. They'd be a T4 army with 3 armour, have a bs of 3, but of lots of twin linked shooting. They'd have great armour piercing options, big hammers, relentless weaponry, armour 12 walkers, some sort of stunty drop pods...do many cool possiblies...
    and man i hope its not a cruel joke - but with the little gobbo on the back in an alien suit it probably is.
    Squats were one of the first armies I collected back in the day.Some of the units you have visualized are great some you didn't mention that were in the old version that would be cool remakes are... Bikes-think ork speed freaks and instead of buggies,trikes,they also had psychics in side cars.Squats in terminator armor and I think their 7 man heavies squads could have 5 heavy weapons.Would love to see them make a revamped come back.Probably have a better chance of being struck by a meteor though
    Last edited by CAPTAIN SPAGNOULO; 09-30-2009 at 09:19 PM. Reason: spelling error

Veteran-Sergeant

I hope that they don't come back, personally. Hear me out on this though.

1. That got eaten by the Tyranids, there is no recovery unless they plan to completely revamp the fluff regardging squats.
    2. They're name is a position that is used to take a dump.
    3. I can't size up squats against any other race and picture it as a truly awesome battle, I can only picture bearded midgets in fantasy.
    4. Come on, space dwarves?

And for the clock... Squat squat squat.
    "All power... demands sacrifice..." ~ Sindri Myr

Battle-Brother

I'm glad there are no squats anymore. I think they were a painfully stupid army of a 'light hearted' era gone by. Thank goodness this is a joke mini.

Veteran-Sergeant

Please, if not for you, but the sake of your children and your childrens children, say no to Space Dwarfs!

Seriously though, I dont know why people require GW to "bring them back"? You dont need to be talented to convert plastic WHFB Dwarfs (although some creative clipping is required), choose which Codex best suits you and go for it. Conversions ahoy, people who face your army will love it or hate it, no different if GW made the models in my opinion.

Question is, would you say yes to GW adding a new race (or two) requiring a new codex and thus pushing the update cycle back a year or more for all publications?
    Last edited by Abominable Plague Marine; 10-01-2009 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Gramma

Battle-Brother

Everybody out there who wants to field a squat army so bad should get the cash together for 50 to 100 WD subscriptions and create a Squat army from the figures.
    That way they would truly have the most ridiculous force ever assembled, it would make me smile to play against someone so stupid at least.
    It is a novelty figure, that is all. If the next one is a rehash of the ancient Santa Claus figure (called Sanity Claws I think) would everyone proclaim the immenent arrival of "The Yule" a brand new festive themed xeno threat to the Imperium?
    Anyone who remembers Thrud the Barbarian can tell you that GW used to make a lot of non game-use miniatures most of which were comical (not always funny, but comical).
    Lots of people lament the demise of the Squats but very few people actually played them. This is the bad side of nostalgia.
    They were poo, bad models and they sucked in game - an assault army with a low move rate!
    If they ever resurface it needs to be in a brand new form (Demiurge?) not just a fantasy army with fantasy fluff and guns stuck on as justification for their existence.
    And even that is dubious

Quote Originally Posted by Lanparth View Post
    I'm glad there are no squats anymore. I think they were a painfully stupid army of a 'light hearted' era gone by. Thank goodness this is a joke mini.
    So are orks. Orks moreso, in fact. At least the Squats were played dead-pan, not deliberately out for jokes like orks are.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by miteyheroes View Post
    So are orks. Orks moreso, in fact. At least the Squats were played dead-pan, not deliberately out for jokes like orks are.
    I agree and thats the main reason why I will never have an Ork army, if they were redone mean and serious they could be so cool. But Gremlins style grins and "Nobs" and" Choppers" are purile if you ask me and the bolted on gear look is foolish. Items could be pilfered without becoming cartoon versions of themselves.
    I could rant for days but I'm already off topic

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    I agree and thats the main reason why I will never have an Ork army, if they were redone mean and serious they could be so cool. But Gremlins style grins and "Nobs" and" Choppers" are purile if you ask me and the bolted on gear look is foolish. Items could be pilfered without becoming cartoon versions of themselves.
    I could rant for days but I'm already off topic
    see to me this is the greatest thing about Orks is their absolute over the top ridiculousness. They add comic relief and silliness which is fun to play as and against. Best xenos for sure
    letsagetabitarockin!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast