BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Battle-Brother

Default Some Converted Scaavies

Hi, I have started painting a Scaavy Gang recently, they are based around the idea of a cult of Nurgle worshipers, here are a few pics of what I've finnished so far
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scaavy Boss.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	2234   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scavies.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	128.0 KB 
ID:	2235   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plague mutants.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	158.6 KB 
ID:	2236  

Battle-Brother

here is a newly finished Scaavy w/ 2 heads
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scaavy with 2 heads.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	2270  

Going to town with the good old 1001-use mutation conversion sprue. I love them! Reminds me of a better time when GW used to promote creativity and conversions, and White Dwarf was worth buying because it was relevant and had campaigns and scenarios in it. :') nostalgia

Please tell me what you used to convert these, as I can spot a large number of kits used in this. Mutation sprue, zombies, ork boyz, gors, catachans- anything else? PS is the head-hand from the Games Day chaos sorcerer, or did you convert it? Would love to see some of the new forsaken and plaguebearer components mixed with this, could be quite interesting.

Battle-Brother

Thanks. You nailed pretty much all the kits I used for these fellows. The head hand I just made with a putty eye sculted into a zombie hand. I also miss the days when the models were a little easier to convert. The detail on thier plastics is amazing but they seem more and more set as to how they are assembled. To me a perfect model has a seperate head and arms for posing and as many options as possible.

Thanks for this, I have had a go at converting my own skavies but I was not at all happy with them. Yours look superb yet are very similar in concept to what I was going for. I think the painting makes a massive difference and you have inspired me to get my brushes out.

Wow, these are great! It really reminds me of the colour plates in the center of the old Lost and the Damned tome. Particularly digging the two-headed fellow.