BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: BF Boo Boo

Default BF Boo Boo

What the
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=449882655032886&id=216364 058379613&notif_t=share_reply[/url]

Robin K. Ogg after this post "The final change we are making is that from the new season all the events we run with will be only allowing Battlefront miniatures to be used. This is bound to cause some debate, so let me be clear as to why we have chosen to go down this path. Joe, Gareth and our events cost a great deal of money to run: a little over a quarter of a million American dollars this year alone. And, although it seems childish to draw a line in the sand and say, “If you want to play at our events and support the FOW hobby, you should not be bringing other people’s models along,” it is absolutely that simple. Our business is a business and we want Flames Of War to grow; we intend to give it the best support we can, but this support has a cost." I have some un opened boxes of flames of war in the mail when i get them will you refund me the msrp based on you changing your policy about 3ed party miniature's? I no longer want to be apart of this game. I hope you will allow me to send them to you and refund me fully?

John Lyons Im sorry Battlefront. You do NOT own IP rights over the Second World War. You cannot tell us that you do, which is what you are implying. A panther tank is a panther tank. A Battlefornt miniatures Panther tank IS STILL a panther tank. You have clearly not approached this in the correct manner. Although I do see and full underdstand your move, I highly disagree with how bluntly you put it . Don't go all GW on us. I beg you. Beasts of War John

Umm ... Battlefront does have IP over Flames of War and their own minis, so ... I guess if you want to play in official FoW tourneys you have to use official minis.

Other arguments are not really relevant.

Sorry to sound blunt, but they're running the tourneys, so they make the rules.

Also, welcome to BoLS. I hope you enjoy it here