BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I had a paper round as a lad, spent it all on gigs.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt Codpiece View Post
    and youth ends at 21
    Childhood is over the moment you know you're going to die
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    I thought it ended the moment the most important thing was getting someone into bed,
    but I suppose your theory works too...
    Last edited by Psychosplodge; 07-16-2012 at 04:44 AM.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

that is harsh , because that is more or less around 3-4years old . even faster if you have siblings because then all the house pets die a lot faster + are bought sooner.

Occuli Imperator

Depends how you look at it, you could suggest that there is a difference between knowing your going to die and realising that you are mortal.
    Maybe we need more harsh reality so people realise the consequence of their actions
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

You mean the difference between knowing and understanding?

This... mortal coil. (gotta love the Vortigaunts)
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Librarian

childhood ends when you realise that things are as they are, and fantasy is just that..... fantasy. sadly/funnily this tends to be either the death of close family or the 1st experience of you know what
    or for the really sheltered when they find out the truth behind the fat guy in red and white.

to quote the 1ksons "all is dust"

however most societies have 21 as the standard of "adulthood" granted in the UK (untill recently) we were thrown into the shark pool at 16, 18 if you went to college and here it is again 21/22 if you went to university.
    i could not imagine still being in 'school' at 18 like they gov it trying to do over here.

but anyway. rant over

Chapter-Master

i could not imagine still being in 'school' at 18 like they gov it trying to do over here.
    The best part of still being at sixth form at 16-18 was all the proper dickheads had left.

Occuli Imperator

to quote the 1ksons "all is dust"
    Gen 3:19 "In the sweat of your face shall you eat bread, till you return unto the ground; for out of it were you taken: for dust you are, and unto dust shall you return."

I stayed on at my school to their VIth form, I wouldn't have wanted to go to the local collages. The best part was that the people were there because either they wanted to be, or their parents wanted them to be so there wasn't all this tom foolery.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast