BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Scout

Default Where are Vultures "40K approved"

HI all, We have tournament coming up locally- 750 points with random pairings for 2 vs. 2 matches. The TO is allowing forgeworld units as long as they are stamped 40K approved.
    I want to bring my Elysians, and I know the list from IA8 isn't "stamped", so I will have to fit them into a vet list with the normal IG codex. However, I do still want to use my Vulture, since I have read that it is a 40K approved unit. My question is: where is this actually written down? I checked my pdf of IA Apocalypse 2nd edition and the unit is there, but no stamp. I recently downloaded the new FAQ update for FW vehicles in 6th, and the Vulture is certainly there, but again no "stamp".
    Does anyone know where such a listing might be found?
    Thanks!

Unfortunately, I believe you've answered your own question. As far as I know, the only IA unit that is approved for IG armies is Tauros squadrons, since that's the only one listed as such in IA:A2.

Scout

thanks for the reply.
    I just checked my pdf of IA Apocalypse 2nd Ed. and the Vulture isn't in there at all, so forgive the mistake in the above post. There is a listing for the Valkyrie Sky Talon, which is stamped as approved (and the Tauros is there as well), as well as lots of other flyers, also approved.
    The Vulture is actually listed in IA Apocalypse II, which doesn't use stamps on any of the units...

Veteran-Sergeant

Email the guys at FW and ask them your question. An email from them listing your unit as 40k approved should suffice.
    Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill, however nothing beats rolling all sixes.

Brother-Sergeant

Hey just a quick question,can you take a Vulture+Valkyrie+Vendetta in the same FoC slot.Allies are opening up a few ideas for an Inquisitorial armada,Your flyers are so cheap.I just want an excuse to put TL punisher cannons in a game,kind of be fluffy.Inquisitorial henchmen AKA allied IG.
    Last edited by Lucian Kain; 07-16-2012 at 08:02 AM.

Veteran-Sergeant

The Vulture is in IA Apocalypse II.
    In the intro to the book it states that they are to he considered "official" but I'd check with the organisers. IA Apocalypse 2nd ed was when things started to get the 40k approved stamp, this was the book before that!

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishInquisition View Post
    The Vulture is in IA Apocalypse II.
    In the intro to the book it states that they are to he considered "official" but I'd check with the organisers. IA Apocalypse 2nd ed was when things started to get the 40k approved stamp, this was the book before that!
    Thanks for this and all of the above answers. I had assumed that the "stamp" must have been a later addition to the FW nomenclature.

I suspect that the upcoming FW Aeronautica book will be the definitive book for "stamping" flyers for 40K. Looking forward to getting a copy.

The Vulture got a nice boost with the new FW update (adding Strafing Run and Vector Dancer USR's), so I am really looking forward to trying it out in this weekends tournament. With those changes, + the new vehicle damage rules, it seems like Weapon Destroyed results will be less common (more common is the flyer getting glanced to death...). This makes the twin-linked punisher option much more tempting (20 re-rolleable shots at BS4!)...
    Last edited by JHK; 07-16-2012 at 11:28 AM. Reason: added content

That punisher cannon is going to murder Dark Eldar and Necron flyers.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTurkey View Post
    That punisher cannon is going to murder Dark Eldar and Necron flyers.
    Not to mention infantry...

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Lucian Kain View Post
    Hey just a quick question,can you take a Vulture+Valkyrie+Vendetta in the same FoC slot.Allies are opening up a few ideas for an Inquisitorial armada,Your flyers are so cheap.I just want an excuse to put TL punisher cannons in a game,kind of be fluffy.Inquisitorial henchmen AKA allied IG.
    You can not in the IG codex as Vendettas and Valkyries are separate squadron choices.