BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Librarian

Dakkajets with Fighta Ace can do fairly well vs Vendettas, actually, and it's all thanks to the twon-linked guns and Waagh turn. See, on turn 2/3 you point each Dakkajet at the nearest squadron and declare Waagh,then unleash 18 twin linked BS3 S7 shots against an armor 12 squadron. They may not all instantly die, but you will do massive trauma and destroy several. then you throw in any other Ork shooting units with decent strength, which hit nearly twice as well as most other units thanks to their high rate of fire weapons and already terrible ballistic skill being nearly unaffected.

Stormravens honestly aren't the worst things on the table. Necrons have a nasty counter (guess what happens to his HQ unit when everything else is in a dedicated transport? Guess what happens if their are no enemy models on the board after turn one?). Imperial Guard are truly aggravating now due to the fact that they NEVER have a weakness after the Vendettas pick the extra troops up on turn 2. They can shoot tons of anti-tank, anti-infantry (heavy bolter sponsons and hover mode!), and carry scoring units. Dark Eldar are even stronger plexiglass than they were if you take either jet with lances.

Every codex without a flyer, especially Tyranids, is now boned vs. all flyers.

Brother-Sergeant

Or you could loose with dignity,and congratulate your friend on thier ability to blow you off the field.
    What would you do to reduce your loss is a better approach instead of packing a wammy about it.
    You are one of the brighter sparks out there.
    The battle of the wallet is part of the deal with this hobby if your competitive.Would you begin to look at FW now?

Chapter-Master

I want to run three of these in my Grey Knights at 2000.

Two Inquisitors, three terminators units, three storm ravens, three dreadnoughts.

I avoid outright cheesiness by giving the Dreadnoughts' assault cannons, heavy flamers and both special ammunition types. Psycannons and Incinerators for everybody! The Inquisitors are your Ordo Xenos variety with rad and psychotroke grenades. And, with the removal of defensive weapons, my Storm Ravens have hurricane bolters with psybolt

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    I want to run three of these in my Grey Knights at 2000.

Two Inquisitors, three terminators units, three storm ravens, three dreadnoughts.

I avoid outright cheesiness by giving the Dreadnoughts' assault cannons, heavy flamers and both special ammunition types. Psycannons and Incinerators for everybody! The Inquisitors are your Ordo Xenos variety with rad and psychotroke grenades. And, with the removal of defensive weapons, my Storm Ravens have hurricane bolters with psybolt
    I presume you are putting all your terminators in the ravens and the ravens are carrying the dreadnoughts? If so, you will lose every game you play without you or your opponent firing a shot.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Vashtek View Post
    I presume you are putting all your terminators in the ravens and the ravens are carrying the dreadnoughts? If so, you will lose every game you play without you or your opponent firing a shot.

Can you explain this to me? I assume you mean because only 50%(rounded up) of your army can be in reserve. But all units that must start in reserve and all units embarked on units that must start in reserve don't count towards that total. Page 124 of the rulebook explains this. If I'm missing something please let me know.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Vashtek View Post
    i see on 124 where units in dedicated transports can, but i honestly don't know if a storm aven can be theri dedicated transport, otherwise half of what can start on the table has to start on the table... now ally orks or somethign for cheap troops and throw down 2 units of gretching for 40 points each, a cheapo hq liek a weird boy for 55, a kannon for 20, and a single rokkit buggie for 35... and you are legal with a 150 point ally that is actually pretty good... sub the rokkit buggie for a dakka jet if you want but then you need another thing on the table for cheap not sure what best here btu 120 point 3x meganobs on defense would be cool... sub the weirdboy for a warboss in mea armor and you have 3 troops to score and keep stuff in the backfield and legitimize your tactic

Chapter-Master

Huh, this must have been when 6th Edition first came out. I actually probably intended for the Terminators to start on the board and the Dreadnoughts to be in the Storm Ravens, but who knows.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Yes units that start embarked on a flyer don't count for the number of units in reserve, the only problem is that at the end of turn 1 you won't have any units on the table which is an auto win for your opponent.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    Yes units that start embarked on a flyer don't count for the number of units in reserve, the only problem is that at the end of turn 1 you won't have any units on the table which is an auto win for your opponent.
    Are you assuming they won't get anything out of reserves?

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    How is this an auto-win?
    "I play Eldar, why? Does GW make any other good armies?"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast