BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Tepogue View Post
    Hmm, do plague zombies have the mark of Nurgle or at least access to it? If they do then
    I think Cultists only get Chaos Undivided marks/icons. Typhus just turns them into zombies. While I like the idea, and would actually run them even though I don't like Nurgle, they don't play to my style well. Though if you want to scare the crud out of your opponent, at 4 points each Zombie, you could realistically take 3 full squads (90!) for 360 points. Lulz worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonus View Post
    wow Im already picturing the DE players *****ing if Plague Marines gain poison immunity LOL
    Well at least now their weapons aren't worthless. But I'd imagine the Plague Marines' toughness is 5 now. What's the new strength for the DE weapons? 3? That means 6+ wounding. Ha!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by robrodgers46 View Post
    I was hoping they would stop the "latest is the greatest" codex creep, but they seem to be addicted to it. First GK, then 6th making Necrons ridiculous, now it sounds like CSM will be the new rulers of the roost. Oh well, I guess when the new IG codex comes out we will get tactical nukes and the ability to take baneblades and stormlords as troops.

r
    An IG player, complaining about Codex Creep.

The irony is not lost on me.
    Let the Galaxy burn.

Quote Originally Posted by slopike View Post
    I suppose that is true, but I was hoping for something more than one unit being able to show off how sneaky alpha is

Hopefully some rumors will surface regarding them (I remember the early ones did, but they have faded); otherwise will just have to wait and see when the codex comes out.
    Yea, i know what you mean. I read that Horus Heresy Book about your Alphalegion and was realy impressed. But think of it: You can have IG as an allie, with snipers as Infiltrators plus your Chosen can Infiltrate INCLUDING their transports... think its nice. And they will be realy cheap - many Bodys for your ambush.

No new special characters???? Really???? The whole gunslinger rule in the rulebook screams Cypher. It's gotta be a pretty amazing codex if all they've done is slapped a couple of new rules to existing units. when i first heard of this codex i thought great they can have a tun of amazing new units. The BL has given them tuns to work with, i was (still am) looking forward to the likes of alpha legion, iron warriors, word bearers and night lords making a grand appearance.

Chaplain

@tanonymus: the problem is that IG will most likely stay as Allies of Convenience which isn't convenient. The new rumors strongly suggest that there will be no Traitor Guard rule. I really hope that's not the case.

Otherwise Vraksian Renegades might provide a decent Alpha Legion feel. If IG can't be CSM's BB's, then I'm going with renegades.

@Majeh: what sucks is that GW has said before they will not include BL fluff in codices. I think that's why they removed the Tanith First and Only from the IG codex, but still have their models available in the collector's section.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by tanonymus View Post
    Yea, i know what you mean. I read that Horus Heresy Book about your Alphalegion and was realy impressed. But think of it: You can have IG as an allie, with snipers as Infiltrators plus your Chosen can Infiltrate INCLUDING their transports... think its nice. And they will be realy cheap - many Bodys for your ambush.

Hehe, we are both in the same boat. Once I read that book I grabbed the chaos codex to try and start an alpha legion only to realize with those rules it was not exactly what I hoped for. Once the new codex I will have to re-examine the idea utilizing your thoughts with allies

Fly Lord

Alpha Legion - Take minimal IG allies with your ultimate operative: Agent XL098-M-A-R-B-O
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Poisoned weapons have always been S3. Making them immune to poison is bloody stupid to be frank, disease has nothing to do with poison. I hope it is just fanboy wishlisting and that GW aren't that stupid. It isn't really a big deal for DE though, it will just make disintegrator cannons even more useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Hydra View Post
    I read on Faeit that Plague Marines are immune to poison. I don't know if someone mentioned that already here but it seems to be why poisoned weapons have S values now. I'd imagine that immunity to poison would troll Dark Eldar immensely, an army that the current CSM don't usually fare well against.

Also BOOH! no Traitor Guard rule as far as the last update says. I really hope that's not true.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Alpha Legion - Take minimal IG allies with your ultimate operative: Agent XL098-M-A-R-B-O
    You can tell by the giant HYDRA TATTOO ON HIS FACE.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Marbo... Damn, he's a painful Son of a Bench :/. Btw TDA weirdly the Hydra actually reminded me of the creepy goo thing from the Inqusition War trilogy with Inqusitor Draco...
    [I][I] =][= "Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse” =][=

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast