BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast
    Chaplain

I never realized poisoned weapons counted as S3 (never fought an army that used them). And I did fail to catch that in EG's post. Silly me. Anyway I don't have the BRB but the rumor source indicated that poisoned weapons gained S values. That's all I know from there. It would make sense for poisoned weapons to have an S value because if there are units immune to poison then they would become pointless. I don't know. I think it's kind of cool to have some immunity against poison so long as those weapons have a strength value. I'd imagine certain armies' veterans train themselves specifically to resist toxins and whatnot.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Poisoned weapons have always been S3. Making them immune to poison is bloody stupid to be frank, disease has nothing to do with poison. I hope it is just fanboy wishlisting and that GW aren't that stupid. It isn't really a big deal for DE though, it will just make disintegrator cannons even more useful.
    I imagine that a Space Marine, who has already been made immune to most kinds of common poisons and toxins through the oolitic kidney and multi-lung, and who then has his body filled with a rather frightening amount of pestilence that forever warps their physiology far away from being anything near even a Space Marine (much tougher, ability to shrug off most wounds, etc) would kind of make poison rather ineffective, especially considering that most of their flesh is already rotting off in the first place, yes?

I don't see how, say, space cyanide would affect someone whose body has replaced aerobic respiration with flies, pus, and Nurgle hugs.
    Let the Galaxy burn.

Veteran-Sergeant

sooooo what happened to all the chaos drop pods??!?! did they melt them down to make all those autocannons??

Don't even try to reconcile army list composition/limitations with reality. That way lies madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Connjurus View Post
    I don't see how, say, space cyanide would affect someone whose body has replaced aerobic respiration with flies, pus, and Nurgle hugs.
    It's been assumed that any kind of toxin based weapon would change its payload to match the target.
    Space cyanide laced with space anthrax for most biologicals.
    Space hyper acids for necrons
    Some sort of warp shards laced with counterseptic bleach for daemons/nurgle

On page 40 on BRB

Melee part

If a model hast he Poisoned special rule, or is attacking with a Melee weapon that has the Poisoned special rule, it always wounds on a fixed number (generally shown in brackets), unless a lower result would be required, when attacking in close combat. In addition, if the Strength of the wielder (or the poisoned weapon) is the sarne or higher than the Toughness of the victim, the wielder must re-roll failed rolls To-Wound in close combat.
    Shooting part

Similarly, if a model makes a shooting attack with a weapon that has the Poisoned special rule, it always wounds on a fixed number (generally shown in brackets), unless a lower result would be required. If no number is shown in brackets, the rule is Poisoned (4+). Unless otherwise stated, Poisoned weapons are treated as having a Strength of 1. This Poisoned special rule has no effect against vehicles.

Really Collar of Khorne is only 5+ DtW saves?...the hell is wrong with you guys!!!!

I can't freakin believe it, now that we will have a real need of it with all those crap-a-ton psykers running around with their new powers, we get a ****ty 5+?...

Aside from that the rest seems interessting, but if it is like with the 6th ed book where nobody knew about their stupid new disembarkments rules, and it was the kind of bad surprise, i'm still a bit reluctant to see the new codex...

A good thing is that Deamons from C/Deamons, can finaly use the CSm icons, something it was really stupid in 5th..., but well even those 6th ed faqs are stupid so not much of a change for now...

Chaplain

@Wildcard: thanks for posting that up. It really clears up things. Though it doesn't clear up whether DE poisoned weapons are still S3 or not. Eldargal, was that a 5th ed thing or DE thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Don't even try to reconcile army list composition/limitations with reality. That way lies madness.
    Actually given how crazy the 40k universe is, I would expect Plague Marines to have some poison immunity. Since they are so decayed what more can poison do to them?

@ragnarcissist: I wouldn't worry about the drop pods. Since FW is most likely going mainstream we'll be able to use Dreadclaws. Only problem is buying from FW and that it's resin. Though converting a SM drop pod doesn't seem too bad to me.

I can't freakin believe it, now that we will have a real need of it with all those crap-a-ton psykers running around with their new powers, we get a ****ty 5+?...
    I would just like to point out that this is still 100% better then what all other csm dex units get . no hoods for us. so +5>+6.

Still the most bummer part about chaos is no ap2 weapons for challanges other then abadon . +2svs dudes are going to tank us like there is no tomorrow . Man I wish I could get eternal or a ss . In the end it is probably going to be a chaos lord[to unlock pms] with a fist [no other ap2 weapon] x2 and another one to open up NM as troops because lash is an awesome upgrade .

Quote Originally Posted by the jeske View Post
    Still the most bummer part about chaos is no ap2 weapons for challanges other then abadon . +2svs dudes are going to tank us like there is no tomorrow .
    No they wont, grow a spine and wipe your eyes

It does look like the demon prince is there as HQ.

He will be very AP 2.

We might not see two every day as now, but still he is a challenge maniac.

The thing with challenges is, if you find it hard or pts expensive to rule them, dont.

Let the other guy sink s.....loads of points into characters.

Only to field 60 power armor and not a single soul to challenge.

Then unload a barrel of dice with attacks on that 2+ save character.

Or naked ones, so the expensive fist or tooled character hunter on the charge gets to take out 1 wound slightly more expensive.

It is an overall gamechange that 2+ has become harder to deal with.

I think its a symptom of the charact****** they have, GW did this to make characters live longer.
    Last edited by Filthspew; 07-28-2012 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Add quote

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast